Southeastern NC Subforums?

CapeFearRiver10

I believe with all the development going on in this region. Its finally time for this region to have a subfurum. I feel that you can't loose if start the subfurum now. I mean Fayetteville-Wilmington hands down is starting to get well known now. With the almost 20,000 jump in Fayetteville population in the next 5 years, plus the 295 starts back on construction in early 2007 & Wilmington gaining a new regional port plus the one they already have. Also Wilmington creating more white-collar jobs in the area. Did I for get to say that Fayetteville will soon have two metro D1aa colleges with football teams (Cambell univ. & UNC prembrooke which are really good schools) which more tourist money. With a biotech company opening up in Fayetteville this summer & rich northerns are moving to Western Hoke County to start new equestrian communities (Seriously drive out there & see for yourself).

:yahoo:

:whistling:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree. If Asheville can have its own Subforum, then Wilmington most definitely should as well. Both are tourist cities with good industry and booming populations (more in Wilmington's case for sure) and very progressive.

Now what is in Fayetteville's favor again? Please indulge.....Fayetteville is 2nd rate to Wilmington in every way as far as deserving a subforum.

Thanks for playing.

Yeah that maybe be true, but does Wilmington have 28,000 population boom thats expands from 2006 to 2012. Also a very young population. You guys have the mouth of the Cape Fear River, but Fayetteville has River too with Fort Bragg give up to almost 1 billion dollars a year for water. Also Cumberland county is a very county (not the largest).

Disagree. If Asheville can have its own Subforum, then Wilmington most definitely should as well.

There are more posts being made about Fayetteville than Wilmington on UP. Therefore, a Fayetteville subforum will be next in line before Wilmington gets one.

So Fayetteville is projected to boom 28,000 people from 2006-2012? I bet Wilmington does that easy. For several years in the mid 90's Wilmington was the 2nd fastest growing city (at 23%) in the nation behind Vegas. The pace of growth is still unreal today. With the movie industry and celebrity aspect in additon to wealthy nearby communities such as Landfall, Figure 8 Island, the new Mayfaire Town Center, the University, the awesome-vibrant downtown waterfront area, Fayetteville? LOL

Fayetteville is in a whole other ball-game and its not even close...numbers aside. Wilmington is a very progressive city, and a very popular tourist destination all surrounded by water.

lma1973,

You are missing the point. This is not a match between what city is better and who deserves a forum first. Comparing Fayetteville to Wilmington is like comparing oranges and apples. If suddenly, Wilmington posts were made and people contribute to them then overtime, a Wilm. sub forum will be most likely be created.

Even so, what is impressive and what is the big draw of Fayetteville besides the base? Is there any tourism or high tech industry to speak of? Annexation does not mean growth.

I agree with you that Wilmington is an overall nicer town than Fayetteville. But the fact is that Fayetteville has twice the population of Wilmington, is growing fast like Wilmington and gets more talk on here.

I think posting about these cities here in the general NC forum is fine for now and we enjoy reading about them. ;)

Remember, New Hanover county is one of the smallest in the state in land area, but its almost all urban.

I dont know about all of it being urban (you mean sprawl) but New Hanover is getting built up. Its certainly all sprawl from MLK Parkway and south towards Carolina Beach. North of Kerr Ave/Gordon Road is still rural like around Castle Hayne.

Downtown Wilmington could be classified as URBAN

Archived