Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: West End Coffee Co.

42 posts in this topic

Though smaller than the typical construction thread project, this is going to be a fun one to watch being built because of it's location by the ballpark. Thought I'd start a construction thread.

CIMG4730.jpg

CIMG4731.jpg

It looks as though the parking will be in front. I would prefer it be in the back.

Here's a view of the West End Coffee Company site from up on the Allen Temple AME Lot behind the site:

120942442_41f1f85e01.jpg

I took this back on March 31st.

That's such a neat building. It definitely fits in with the West End. I'll have to check them out some time. I hope they do well in that location!

I wish they had put the parking in back though. And what's with having a surface lot on the corner?

The surface lots that are going in on the corners are for where the public can park during Greenville Drive games.

The surface lots that are going in on the corners are for where the public can park during Greenville Drive games.

They should have put that building on the corner.

I wish they had put the parking in back though. And what's with having a surface lot on the corner?

Did I dream this? :dontknow: I thought the city had passed some sort of design regulation for new construction, that required a certain percentage of parking to be in the back / behind buildings. I kknow this was discussed as some point in the past here on UP.....the discussion took place when some new auto parts place opened on Laurens, with the building right up to the sidewalk and parking down the side and behind.

Just think, a parking lot now, holds development potential later...

^ :rofl: Been quite a while since I heard a good moo. :rofl: Thanks RT!

Is the whole building going to be the coffee place, because that will be one big coffee shop if so.

Love the style of that building!

I think the new location has an actual retail / coffee shop area on the ground floor.

Oh jeez :blush: , I guess I just figured that it would be a coffee stop/shop because of its great location in proximity to the ballpark. I never really considered that it would just be a wholesaler.

I haven't been in there yet, but I'm pretty sure they're supposed to have a retail part as well, not just wholesale. :unsure:

It's not open yet, is it? Seems like last time I drove by there it was still closed.

I haven't been in there yet, but I'm pretty sure they're supposed to have a retail part as well, not just wholesale. :unsure:

Welcome to the UP! javaman. Congratulations on a great building and great coffee :thumbsup:. Will you be serving coffee at the downtown farmers market this year?