Miami or Atlanta?

Southernyank

King of Night Life  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which city has a better all around night life

• Miami
    • Atlanta

Arguably, the reigning kings in the south in terms of nightlife are these two cities. I would like to know which has the better all around night life. I know Miami doesn't have the strip club fame as Atlanta and Atlanta doesn't have the beach. In your arguments, you can break down the bar scene, gay club scene, dance club scene, or whatever else you can think of.

Which will come out on top!!!??? :D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South Beach has a great party/club vibe. Atlanta doesn't really have that yet. But we do have some good clubs, And Atlanta specializes in crunk which is pretty hot right now. I just think Miami has already developed a great club scene while Atlanta is still developing it.

Where the hell have you been? JK. Crunk is a combination of the words crazy and drunk. But it mainly just means having a good time time partying. It's normally used in a hip-hop setting. Atlanta rappers such as Ludacris and Lil' Jon have made the term well known. That kind of music is really popular with young people now so Atlanta is near the top of the cool list these days

Lil' John is crunk. And in the fashion of wikipedia, there is one just for rap: http://www.rapdict.org/Crunk

And yes - living in Atlanta, even if you don't listen to rap you do wind up knowing about crunk / dirty south rappers. I've seen Lil' Kim walk out of Krogers at Ponce with a bag of Wheaties while her limo was waiting in the front. You get used to it...

As far as nightlife, South Beach beats us & Helen, GA combined.

And yes - living in Atlanta, even if you don't listen to rap you do wind up knowing about crunk / dirty south rappers. I've seen Lil' Kim walk out of Krogers at Ponce with a bag of Wheaties while her limo was waiting in the front. You get used to it...

You are right about that. You can be out to diner at Panos and Pauls and in comes this rapper and that rapper or this singer or that singer or this athlete or that athlete. Sometimes they try to be low key but some of the more "astute or knowledgable" patrons will always whisper the name of the person.

Anyway to the topic of the thread......ummmmm.....come on now. This answer is so obvious that it's almost comical to even reply to the poll. Of course Miami has the better nightlife. Have you ever been to Miami and Atlanta? If you have you would already know the answer...Miami has no equal.

Anyway to the topic of the thread......ummmmm.....come on now. This answer is so obvious that it's almost comical to even reply to the poll. Of course Miami has the better nightlife. Have you ever been to Miami and Atlanta? If you have you would already know the answer...Miami has no equal.

I know my answer is always Miami :D however, my opinion isn't everyone elses opinion. apparently 3 people at least think Atlanta has better night life. Miami does lack in the famed gentlemens club scene though as a mentioned before, since apparently Atlanta is the "home of the strip club." I like both.

No question Miami. Don't get me wrong, I love ATL's nightlife :wub: , but c'mom we are taling about South Beach and the Ocean people. Nothing like sippin Mimosa's, from the 22nd floor of a condo looking out over the open water :alc:

I know my answer is always Miami :D however, my opinion isn't everyone elses opinion. apparently 3 people at least think Atlanta has better night life. Miami does lack in the famed gentlemens club scene though as a mentioned before, since apparently Atlanta is the "home of the strip club." I like both.

Are we talkin' Pink Pony, with its red neckish appeal. or the always loved, always completely nude Chetah SY??? :P

Boy, many a dollar dropped in that place. Ok back to topic.

Are we talkin' Pink Pony, with its red neckish appeal. or the always loved, always completely nude Chetah SY??? :P

Boy, many a dollar dropped in that place. Ok back to topic.

If I went to Atlanta or Miami I don't think going to a strip club would be at the top of my list :blink: Both cities offer so much more. If there was one place I would want to visit before I died It would have to be south beach. I've not been to Miami yet but Atlanta was a real disapointment the last time I was there 4yrs ago. The city seemed too spread out for my taste. With that in mind I would have to choose Miami. The beaches there alone would have to get my vote.

I love both cities. I've only been to Miami twice and the nightlife is off the hook. I've partied in Atlanta more since it's so close. The beach gives Miami more pull, since you have so many celebrity parties,award shows, Mtv and BET spring break shows in Miami. Both cities are the only two cities in the south where you can actually party with the stars :yahoo:

I love both cities. I've only been to Miami twice and the nightlife is off the hook. I've partied in Atlanta more since it's so close. The beach gives Miami more pull, since you have so many celebrity parties,award shows, Mtv and BET spring break shows in Miami. Both cities are the only two cities in the south where you can actually party with the stars :yahoo:

what stars party in Atlanta that you know of?

Lil' John is crunk. And in the fashion of wikipedia, there is one just for rap: http://www.rapdict.org/Crunk

As far as nightlife, South Beach beats us & Helen, GA combined.

I used to work for Coca Cola in miami and my route was the 2 Publix's on South beach. The fancy 3 floored one and the ugly one on Alton road, well I have seen Mariah Carey pull up dressed as if she came back from a club in her stretch Lincoln Navigator and walk up to the Presto Machine and take out money, I have also encountered Kevin Richardson, Christina Aguilera and Julia Stiles all at the big 3 floored Publix. And while Atlanta may have "crunk" Miami has reagaton,indie, trance, the winter music conference,Global Gathering, Ultra, and winter fashion week So because of all this party scenes I cast my vote for Miami :yahoo:

Newnan, Id disagree with your first statement. Atlanta does have a lively club/party scene. It used to be notorious, especially in the 80's-90's but has settled down a bit. Ive run into lots of celebs in Atlanta over the years going out in clubs...mostly in Gay Clubs though.

Overall best nightlife would go to Miami though, although the scene there has become lame (IMO) lately.....but so has Atlantas.

Archived