Updated news on Crosland's Gulch 701 Building

william

Friends,

After the Doorman of Poetry and I finished our Saturday morning coffee at Fido, I bumped into Bill Barkley (of Crosland) and architect Manuel Zeitlin crossing 21st Avenue.

Here's what they told me about the 701 Building, the 16-story condo tower to rise on the southwest corner of 12th and Division in the Gulch. Do note, that Crosland will need a skyplane variance, which it should receive with no problem given Terrazzo got one for the same lot limitations reason.

1. The building will have a tiny footprint, no more than 6,000 square feet.

2. To minimize interstate noise, the buillding will be constructed hugging the intersection (as far from the freeway as possible) and its intersection-facing facade will be horizontal. So when IJDave is driving east on Division, he will see a sliver of 701. Very cool.

3. The building's design will be very contemporary.

4. The name will not be 701 12th Ave. S. Building. I mentioned since it is replacing the eyesore structure last home to Madam X, they should call it The X. Bill and Manuel chuckled, noting they had thrown that name around a bit. Doubt that will be the name, but they want to go edgy with the look and name.

5. Terrazzo should start by mid-June.

These two projects should fly, given Crosland's resources and everybody involved (Bill and Steve Armistead are long-time Nashvillians with lots of respect and connections.).

thanks,

WW

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived