Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

william

Updated news on Crosland's Gulch 701 Building

8 posts in this topic

Friends,

After the Doorman of Poetry and I finished our Saturday morning coffee at Fido, I bumped into Bill Barkley (of Crosland) and architect Manuel Zeitlin crossing 21st Avenue.

Here's what they told me about the 701 Building, the 16-story condo tower to rise on the southwest corner of 12th and Division in the Gulch. Do note, that Crosland will need a skyplane variance, which it should receive with no problem given Terrazzo got one for the same lot limitations reason.

1. The building will have a tiny footprint, no more than 6,000 square feet.

2. To minimize interstate noise, the buillding will be constructed hugging the intersection (as far from the freeway as possible) and its intersection-facing facade will be horizontal. So when IJDave is driving east on Division, he will see a sliver of 701. Very cool.

3. The building's design will be very contemporary.

4. The name will not be 701 12th Ave. S. Building. I mentioned since it is replacing the eyesore structure last home to Madam X, they should call it The X. Bill and Manuel chuckled, noting they had thrown that name around a bit. Doubt that will be the name, but they want to go edgy with the look and name.

5. Terrazzo should start by mid-June.

These two projects should fly, given Crosland's resources and everybody involved (Bill and Steve Armistead are long-time Nashvillians with lots of respect and connections.).

thanks,

WW

That's interesting for sure. Thanks for sharing William. That corner will be quite a sight to see when it is all finished around there.

Thanks William for the update. It's great having someone so close to the pulse of development in Nashville on the forum. :thumbsup:

With the building so close to the interstate lets just hope it do'nt tilt over

on cars passing by. :) That corners does seem a little too small for a high rise

dont you think? IMO...

This should be a neat building considering the size of the lot. I am looking forward to seeing a rendering and the cranes going up for the ICON and the Terrazzo.

3 cranes on 3 corners will be a neat sight. I figured with the great sales and all that the Icon would have already started.

I think the one article I read said that they would start in earnest in about 3 weeks.

I think the one article I read said that they would start in earnest in about 3 weeks.

I read that too. Let the crane rise! On yeah!