Tornado

linclink

Hey guys!

I just wanted to express my sympathy for everyone of you in middle tennesse who went through the storms. You guys were a great source of strenght and kindness when we went through last years hurricane season. It saddens me to see the distruction these storms brought to you. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and in my prayers.

I know the storms hit Goodletsville, Ashland City, and Gallatin and Hendersonville pretty hard. Just wondering, did it hit Davidson, Rutherford, and/or Williamson counties as well?

Well, in any regards, it looks like this tornado season will be a very active one. Stay safe!!

Paula

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer your question about the other places hit, yes it did. We had a confirmed tornado touch down within two miles of our house here in Murfreesboro out on Old Salem Road. I have pictures to prove it too!!!! LOL!!!

Last night at the Predators game, they took up donation's and shared in a moment of silence before the game started to remember those that have lost their lives this past week in Tennessee. It brought a tear to my eye and a heaviness to my heart. It was a very scary week to put it nicely.

Well, I was underground in the Capitol when it passed over Franklin, but my brother got pictures of larger than golf ball sized hail completely covering our deck and most of our yard. It's amazing when hail is so deep you can take a cup and scoop up hail, filling the cup to the brim. It was at least three inches deep here.

No tornados hit Franklin, Brentwood, or southern Davidson as far as I know. Cheerio is just refering to the system of storms that produced the tornados also produced hail and some rather tremendous lightning. It was quite an impressive and terrifying weather system.

Well,

I can certainly imagine. I know how bad a hurricane can be. And a tornado is so much worse (since you can't get prior notice, nor pinpoint where it will touch down). It must have been a very frightening experience!!

Glad to see everyone is ok!!!

Thank you for your concern and for checking in on us, linclink. I was in Nashville when the storm came through Murfreesboro. My wife was at home at the time and at one point grabbed our dogs and camped out in the bathroom for a few minutes while the hail came down. She said after it was over the hail was covering the yard, and was a little less than an inch in diameter, though I know it was larger in other parts of town. We were very blessed not to sustain any damage other than a few small branches blown down. I was checking weather.com throughout and at one point I believe it said that there was a tornado about seven miles south of the Boro at the time my wife took cover in the bathroom, so it was several miles from us.

Wow!!

Thanks for sharing your experience RelientJ!! Scary stuff! Thats the only thing that scares me about our move to Middle Tennessee. The hurricanes are bad, and getting worse every year, but at least I know they're coming, and have time to get out of the way. When we move I'm definetly going to make my husband build a storm shelter in the back yard! But again, so glad you guys made it out ok!

Finally home after a long hard days work. I worked within a 3 or 4 block radius in Goodlettesville today and it was a mess. There were many houses the were totally destroyed and countless others that had the roof blown off. There was about a mile stretch where mostly everything was destroyed. And all of this was the Davidson Co side of Goodlettesville, it wasnt even the hardest hit part. Its a sad situation. Many familys lives were destroyed in a matter of seconds.

I was led underground to a tunnel under the capitol once it started, but it was interesting to stand out on a balcony at the Capitol and see the storm pass by to the North...creepy, but interesting...someone said that a funnel had passed by, but I'm not too sure about that...however, the House Chambers is rather tough...I could barely hear the sirens or the rain the whole time...

Archived