Hillmount Condos

egrguy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if that will happen this year? Or maybe they will be relocated to the top of Oakwood.

Buildings are part of the same business group. Oakwood is supposed to go condo next year. It has a roof which is not real suitable for grills and patios, plus it has a lot of hardware (weather ball, dishes) atop. And the corners will still be available, even after I get done with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought that I would post a few photo's of Hillmount in hopes that others who bought units will speak up and we can get more interaction on here.

165844765_7839f8ae41.jpg

165849933_8d410a887b.jpg

165849935_a1f16c617c.jpg

Several people new people have moved into the building and I am very excited that everyone is very friendly and starting to interact.

I also don

What special goodies are planned for the deck of the Hillmount?

How do you feel about the safety of your vehicle out back in the carport? I often wonder how a Vespa would fare out there (locked up, of course.)

Also---

Please keep us posted on any and all Oakwood doings...I hear so little about what's going on there, I count on your proximity to keep your ears open.

I thought that I would post a few photo's of Hillmount in hopes that others who bought units will speak up and we can get more interaction on here.

Care to share a few photos of how your place turned out michaelskis? :blush: Understand if that is to personal. If I was young hip and single, and living in GR (none of which I am) I would consider this place. As per the pics on their website, looks like the place is turning out nice!

It really is a great location. I used to live on Morris and you really can walk to everything.

Have you had a chance to check out the Chinese and Pizza joint down on State?

Care to share a few photos of how your place turned out michaelskis? :blush: Understand if that is to personal. If I was young hip and single, and living in GR (none of which I am) I would consider this place. As per the pics on their website, looks like the place is turning out nice!

It really is a great location. I used to live on Morris and you really can walk to everything.

Have you had a chance to check out the Chinese and Pizza joint down on State?

I don't have any of the finished condo up on Flickr for posting yet, only in e-mail form. I like the way that it turned out, however there are a few condo's that make mine look very simple. One of the contractors or someone involved with the project bought space in the basement and theirs turned out amazing. I will see if I can get more photos posted soon.

As for goodies, they are listed on the web site. (I don't want to break the rules) I don't have a car port but I have only heard of one problem, and the kids who caused it were caught right away.

Both the GF and I could not be happier with living there. It is a mix of different age groups but everyone seems to be very friendly. I also think that it will be much more social once the lounge in the lower level and the roof top deck are finished, but the limited opportunities such as in the halls, elevators, or parking lots to meet people has shown to be very successful.

Oh and we have had the pizza... many, many times since we have moved it, and we will have many, many more from there!

I would say not. Perhaps we've got some sort of multiple dimension-type thing going on there. As with that movie with Nicole Kidman (can't remember the title).

Well after research it appears that there is a discrepancy on line. Apparently, some of the units listed as available on line are not actually available. One of my neighbors, who purchased their unit, is shown as available on the website. After talking with her this weekend, she said that she did not know about it and has no intention to move.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know...

are the hideous vertical blinds that were a "feature" of the Hillmount Apartments going to be mercifully

trashed? Or will that decision be up to the individual condo buyers?

I believe that's up to the condo buyer - unless getting rid of them is part of the gutting process as they convert units to be sold. I can't imagine anyone wanting to keep them! They totally mess with with lines of the windows.

I have to say that I am very impressed with the way the developer is handling Hillmount. What a difference from some other experiences I've had!

I met Mr. Cummings (Present of Second Story Properties) in the hallway last Sunday afternoon. Not knowing who he was and seeing him locking one of the doors to the model units (that are for sale), I asked him if he purchased one of the units. (in my mind thinking cool, a chance to meet a new neighbor). He introduced himself and I felt silly, but I was very impressed with him. Here it was a Sunday afternoon and he was checking in on things. I know a lot of developers who won

I met Mr. Cummings (Present of Second Story Properties) in the hallway last Sunday afternoon. Not knowing who he was and seeing him locking one of the doors to the model units (that are for sale), I asked him if he purchased one of the units. (in my mind thinking cool, a chance to meet a new neighbor). He introduced himself and I felt silly, but I was very impressed with him. Here it was a Sunday afternoon and he was checking in on things. I know a lot of developers who won

I have to say that I am very impressed with the way the developer is handling Hillmount. What a difference from some other experiences I've had!

Budgie,

Don't take this the wrong way but.........If you've had so much trouble with Rooks, why would you jump from one of his developments to another??? :dontknow:

Archived