Golden Corral

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where and when are they planning to build? Anyone know?

You mean, where along 28th Street? There's a vacant restaurant in the same plaza as Kinko (Roaring 20's??) that looks like a similar style.

Perhaps they'll remodel the Alpine Cracker Barrel. Oh, wait, no street frontage.

[someone showed up to take me to lunch today. We went downtown.)

You mean, where along 28th Street? There's a vacant restaurant in the same plaza as Kinko (Roaring 20's??) that looks like a similar style.

Perhaps they'll remodel the Alpine Cracker Barrel. Oh, wait, no street frontage.

There are a bunch of Damon's spots empty.

Golden Corral usually takes about 10,000 SF for their newer restaurants, which would be about two to three times the size of your average sit down restaurant, or nearly the size of a smaller Save-A-Lot grocery store.

I agree that they are a great buffet, though many locations tend to be super busy all the time.

Roaring 20's! I forgot about that place. That was so much fun! Good pizza and fun entertainment from the Wurlitzer organ . . . .why do fun places that the whole family can enjoy not last long? I probably just dated myself w/ that blast from the past . . .oh well . . . . .

Roaring 20's! I forgot about that place. That was so much fun! Good pizza and fun entertainment from the Wurlitzer organ . . . .why do fun places that the whole family can enjoy not last long? I probably just dated myself w/ that blast from the past . . .oh well . . . . .

Going back to the original Roaring 20's, must have been 1977 or so, there

were murals painted on the outside of Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford, etc.,

as well as murals on the inside depicting the construction of the building

as if it happened back in the 20's - not an easy task. I wonder what

happened to those, if they were removed or painted over. I did those right

after graduation from Kendall along with two other extremely talented recent

Kendall grads. We were paid a pittance for the work, but at the time thought

it was a small fortune.

Roaring 20's! I forgot about that place. That was so much fun! Good pizza and fun entertainment from the Wurlitzer organ

What ever happened to that Organ? I remember being mezmorized by that thing when I was a kid. If I remember right it raised up on a platform from the basement.

As a kid it seemed bigger then life. It probably was a bit smaller though.................

LOVED roaring 20's. (I'm only 28 years old but I remember it well.) The windows looking into the billows room. The cool instruments along the walls. The cool bouncer that always sat at the end of the bar and Mickey Mouse coming out sometime during the night.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Fruitport is getting the Golden Corral! Muskegon's loss is Fruitport's gain. Now all we need is Cabela's to go out there.

Since Fruitport is a part of the Greater Muskegon statistcal area it will be a gain for all that live in the Greater Muskegon area. Time to look at the area as a whole not as individual areas only concerned for themselves.

Archived