How would you rate Columbia's Nightlife?

803metlife

For Columbia to be a city of it's size there's a awful lot of things to do at night. From 5pts to the Vista and other parts of the city with countless bars and night clubs. Columbia's night life has definitely improved over the past 5yrs. How would you rate Columbia's nightlife from your experience?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Columbia's nightlife is very healthy especially when compared to other cities its size. It has most of the nightlife experiences one could ask for say in someplace like Atlanta but on a smaller scale which is to be expected since Columbia isn't as large as Atlanta. I remember when there was no such thing as "nightlife" in Columbia well unless you count 5points that area seems to always have been hoping! When I was in HS we used to call it "land of the rubber people". But to reiterate, In my travels as an adult I would hold Columbia's nightlife compareable to many towns I've traveled to of similar size. But if you really want that true "nightlife" experience you gotta travel out of the Carolinas (NY, San Diego, DC, Philly, etc.. all good time cities!)

Overall 10 being NYC and 0 being BFE I'd say given its amenities an 8. There's enough to experience and have a good time, but nothing that absolutely blows me away which would get a 10 in my book.

I'd say it is pretty doggone good and is about the best in the Carolinas. Having 2 distinct urban arts and entertainment areas is especially good for a city the size of Columbia. I do still want to see a really spectacular gay discotheque like we used to have here in the 80's and early 90's.

One thing I think works in Columbia's favor the clubs and bars close at a later time than almost all other carolina cities. Cola is also the only city out of the big 3 with several distinct districts for entertainment and dininng. All of these things works in cola favor. Not to include that USC is located downtown .

Archived