Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bic

Mid-Town (AKA Main and Main)

22 posts in this topic

800 units, not bad considering Star and Sanctuary combined are less than 300 units.

800 units, not bad considering Star and Sanctuary combined are less than 300 units.

I REALLY hope that this & City Place come online. Colonial has so much "potential" but right now it's just kind of "cheezy commercial" IMO.

It reminds me of when I lived in metro NJ... The main drag strips were all fast food, car dealers and lame strip malls. Basically, something you wouldn't really want to walk down.

800 units, 500,000 square feet of commercial space, and a 1,700-space parking garage on 7-acres at the northwest corner of Orange Avenue and Colonial Drive to begin in 2007.

Link to Orlando Business Journal Article

Seems like this will be a landmark building ,Suntruct is 654000 sq ft and 1200-space parking garage and also 800 units verses 1000 of orlando city place on half the land.No where to go but up...Maybe a SMOG suprise?.

i'm ok with SMOG as long as it doesn't eventually clear up and fizzle away.

Could this project have the potential of being Orlando's tallest? It's a little further north than CityPlace and I assume out of the flight path of Orl Exec.

I'm not so sure. I remember someone reporting on here that the Ivanhoe Towers had to take a slight cut in height due to FAA.

i think east of i-4, the faa gives problems....thats why i think city place wont have a problem being west of i-4

i'm ok with SMOG as long as it doesn't eventually clear up and fizzle away.

Ok iam dumb what is smog and what does imo stand for?

Sweet Mother Of God.

In My Opinion.

Sweet Mother Of God.

In My Opinion.

Thanks iam new to this forum and also from Kentucky but dont hold that against me.If u get caught speeding in lakde county maybe i will give ya a break.Thanks for the info

A bit of history: When the first renderings of Orlando City Place was posted ... the first response was "Sweet Mother of God" ... SMOG was born to be a nic-name for that project and has also become associated with any project that will knock your socks off when you see it.

So how about KYSO instead of SMOG for the next big project? :D

So how about KYSO instead of SMOG for the next big project? :D

sounds good to me

I cannot wait to see the renderings! I am hoping and assuming this will have a high rise component to it. :yahoo:

How big is this piece of property compared to other lots being developed?

I'm not sure I know the exact northern edge. But it is bound by 50 Orange and Garland. My guess it's about 2/3 of Center Place or City Place. Probably as big as PremierePlaza including Solaire.

I cannot wait to see the renderings! I am hoping and assuming this will have a high rise component to it. :yahoo:

Anyone know perhaps when we can expect to see renderings?

A little over 5 acres. They also own most of the block where kinkos is on.

I think I read it's close to 7 acres. That is a huge amount of property.

When you look at the overhead 2D shot from UPSDAN's Skyscraper Page, and if I'm defining the boarder correctly it looks like about 90% of Center Place aka PBLT aka NuPizzuti. And close to double City Place. That is huge!

When you look at the overhead 2D shot from UPSDAN's Skyscraper Page, and if I'm defining the boarder correctly it looks like about 90% of Center Place aka PBLT aka NuPizzuti. And close to double City Place. That is huge!

When you check out the 2D picture it looks like it's 2 1/2 X's the size of the Plaza.