Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vbfl85

Minimum Wage Increased

9 posts in this topic

The minimum wage has been officially increased in Ark from $5.15 to $6.25 per hour. Huckabee signed the bill today. Does anyone know when the the increase will occur?

The minimum wage has been officially increased in Ark from $5.15 to $6.25 per hour. Huckabee signed the bill today. Does anyone know when the the increase will occur?

I haven't seen anythi g yet. They'll probably have more info out tomorrow.

It starts October 1st.

Good to hear that Arkansas Legislature and Gov. Huckabee have passed/signed into law an increase to the state's minimum wage, I think there is a good chance that Tennessee will follow suit later this year.

The Minimum Wage increase goes into effect today. The raise will go from $5.15 an hour to $6.25 an hour.

I wonder how all those companies in Arkansas are going to explain to their employees that started at a dollar over minimum wage that they're now making minimum wage. The minimum wage increase won't really affect most jobs in the state, but it will cost many smaller companies more in wage increases.

I wonder how all those companies in Arkansas are going to explain to their employees that started at a dollar over minimum wage that they're now making minimum wage. The minimum wage increase won't really affect most jobs in the state, but it will cost many smaller companies more in wage increases.

It won't affect much in Northwest Arkansas, since most employers start above minimum wage to help combat the low umemployment rate.

It won't affect much in Northwest Arkansas, since most employers start above minimum wage to help combat the low umemployment rate.

It might upset some people to know they're making closer to minimum wage than they were yesterday, but that's just a negative way to look at it. But many people will actually raise a complaint to their employer about it.