Easley Bridge Road (US-123)

GSP Tiger

I drove into Greenville yesterday from Ealsey via Easley Bridge Road. Between the Saluda River and White Horse Road (US-25), there is a gold course community on the southern side and not many businesses on the northern side. There is definitely room to build up some residential communities and some standard retail. It would be bad to see it go to waste.

From US-25 to Pendleton Street (SC-124) through the Judson community, this area looks rough and old. This stretch of road lacks a turn lane, a necessity for a four lane road these days. If it can be widened, it would be nice to construct a tree line median in some places to lessen the rough look of various neigborhoods.

The intersection with Washington Avenue would be a great meeting spot for retail and some small scale restaurants. The two Clock Drive-ins are there, but something slightly upscale to eat at would be nice.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes, the two Clock restaurants...interesting story. The original Clock owner went back to visit family in Greece for a few years, came back and the guy he left the restaurant to wouldn't let him have it back, so he built a brand new Clock next door to the old Clock. I still don't think they speak to each other.

Customers are known as Old Clock or New Clock. I don't see anything upscale going in that block for a long time.

Archived