Another new bar for downtown Raleigh

ncwebguy

A neighbor of mine said Kulture was now open.

From looking at the website, they have coffee and an above average beer selection. Open 7 days a week from 8 to 2. Not that far from the new CC, but no nearby parking, other than the streets, the beauty supply store, and the amtrack station.

It doesn't look like it requires a membership... Has anyone been?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drove past Kulture on Sunday and it didn't look very open. Neat oldish storefront, might work in Adams Morgan but for that corner of Raleigh its a tough place to make a place work....Dawson traffic is fast and high volume, its away from most other nightspots (Warehouse is a shell of its old self) and there is little housing nearby....that being said I love the whole block of buildings coming down that hill on Dawson...the purple one even has a pressed tin facade...very rare! I would love to add a second story to all of them as apartments.

It is a block west of Pooles/Kings, a block south of White Collar Crime/Nana's/Humble Pie/Club Oxygen, and a half block east of the Depot (which should get its first tenant soon). The Warehouse has been empty for a while, which brings down that whole corner/corridor. It is not next to anything, but is a dot near a lot of other dots on the west side.

There aren't many houses immediately near by, but it is a few blocks south of the Dawson on Morgan and Park Devaureaux, a few blocks east of Boyland Heights, two blocks west of the Sheraton, a block from the west edge of the new CC. I don't know if it will hold out that long -- Metro and VIP did not succeed.

The block along Dawson looks neat, but how long will one story buildings last against development pressure in the area between the CC and potential TTA station?

Traffic on Dawson comes down a camel hump between Davie and Cabarrus, making an almost "blind" pedestrian crossing from central DT.

edit - east of Depot, different faces of the same block

Archived