Downtown Davison

dtown

well, i know Zach wanted to see some pics of Davison, i decided to take this beautiful afternoon and take some, so here they are

The First Methodist Church on the corner of Main Street and Fourth Street

126644565_3b492bf3b0.jpg

Looking over the newer section of the church at an appartment building

126644566_1aac96318a.jpg

The tallest building in davison, Braidwood Manor

126644568_ebd1ca6f78.jpg

Looking up the side of Braidwood manor

126651473_de088d619a.jpg

Looking across Main Street

126644571_9e97aa49d6.jpg

Davison has thhese metal canopies along Main Street, they are nice when its raining, but personally, i think they are ugly, the city is talking about tearing them down, and having the stores put up fabric awnings over individual storefronts, i definitly hope they do that

126644569_a8b2bb7c10.jpg

My favorite little cofee shop, The Ugly Mug

126651475_c24fbc371f.jpg

And, the corner of Second St. and Shoppers Alley

126651474_440a900541.jpg

And to finish it off, apic of a Chevette parked across the street from the musem,with some homes showcased in the background, lol

126651476_7e6f3ac7c1.jpg

i may post some more pics soon, but as for now, i cant i reached my limit for uploads this month on flickr, and im not payin for an account, lol

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice photos. One time coming back from Detroit, I decided to take the long way home...all the way up M-15. The only building I remember in Davison is Braidwood Manor. It was also very strange weather, it was both sunny and raining as I passed through. It was almost exactly 2 years ago since I've been through.

I keep forgetting to reply to this one. Nice pics, dtown. I've been wanting to see what downtown Davison looks like. Now I see why some people want to get rid of the canopies :D, although they look like they really come in handy.

they are very nice when its raining, but i hate the way they look. Im pretty sure i read that the city has hired an engineering firm(i think it may have been Rowe) to see how hard it would be to tear them down, then the DDA would give grants to all the store owners to fix the facdes, then they also want to repave main street and widen it(its very narrow, you sometimes almost clip cars when they are parked on the street when driving through).

Archived