Carolina East Mall

Mr. N

What is the future for Carolina East Mall in Greenville, NC? I remember during the 80's and 90's when I was a child going to this nice, active shopping mall and the moments I had there. I have not been to that mall in a while, is the shopping mall going to be remodeled or demolished?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the current plan...I believe most or all of the mall is to be demolished. I cannot speculate who the new tenants will be when it becomes open air...but I do think the Sears will stay and get a larger store. There have been many rumors about what stores are going in there...and I can't verify any of them.

One thing I am fairly certain of...there was a movie theater planned for the site, but that has been moved to the intersection of Memorial and Greenville Blvd. They've already cleared and graded the site for construction.

I'm pretty sure that the site plan linked on that Bear Creek website has changed significantly. I'm not even sure if Bear Creek is involved anymore...what I do know is that not many people actually know what the final plans are for the mall. All I know is that it is going to be torn down, and a shopping center with a Town Square feel will replace it. The tenant list has been a secret thus far other than Sears. From what i've heard, that Sears does really well...the store, however, is outdated and needs to be expanded.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Dick's or another department store in the new development.

Greenville's population has jumped to nearly 70,000, with the County approaching 150,000.

Archived