Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

X-Rated Commission Meeting

15 posts in this topic

Surprised that they're going to discuss the ordinance? Why? Didn't they tell the supporters to get the money that would be needed to defend against a lawsuit against it and didn't the supporters do just that? What are they supposed to do, say "oh sorry, we didn't mean it"?

I really wish I could have been there at that interview with Heartwell :lol:

Apparantly the city attorney was not at the meeting, and they decided to postpone the vote a couple of weeks. Yes, it would be a good idea for the attorney to be there to talk about the legal ramifications.

I say that the entire city has a general vote. Two choices on the ballot: yes, no? I wonder how many no votes will be counted...

These people that go to the clubs, get out of the clubs and, for whatever reasons, they're riled or excited and then they go home or go on the streets and do things and this ought not to be.
:dontknow:

Every step of the way perpetuates the emotional and sexual drive of the person that's watching it, and total nudity is the utmost. And we'd like to not put them into that spot.
:wacko:

Mayor George Heartwell said he may warn cable access viewers to send children to another room before commissioners debate an ordinance that would ban lewd behavior in strip clubs and adult businesses.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...9000.xml&coll=6

I'm surprised they are still going forward with this. :huh:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?D1B0122FC

Chapter 22, Article VII. Standard boilerplate zoning ord.

:dontknow:

:wacko:

These people that go to the clubs, get out of the clubs and, for whatever reasons, they're riled or excited and then they go home or go on the streets and do things and this ought not to be.

:rofl: Yes, we certainly DO NOT want people in GR riled, or heaven forbid, excited!! Oh the humanity!!! Look away kids!!!

Whenever I happen to be in the part of town where these places are located I never see cars there. I don't ever see whores, or even people for that matter...

Do these establishments even live up to their preception? Where are the whores, crack heads, and disorderly conducts?

Do these establishments even live up to their preception? Where are the whores, crack heads, and disorderly conducts?

That would be a fun little question to ask at the next meeting on the ordinance. :lol:

Whenever I happen to be in the part of town where these places are located I never see cars there. I don't ever see whores, or even people for that matter...

It seems most of those problems are outside of Grand Rapids, not in it.

Oh yah, and the Singles!

I'll be the one demonstrating what "pasties" are :rofl: