Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theophrastus Bombastus

Looks Like the GHO's Back In Business!

20 posts in this topic

That's really really great news.

OMG, this is huge. It's too bad it's the week after the US Open, we'll likely miss a lot of major players taking the week off, but this is enormous. Great news for the area...

Now we just have to get used to calling it the "SPTC". ;)

My parents worked at Travelers my entire life, it's the reason they moved to Hartford and even met each other, true story. It's still hard for me to call it St. Paul Travelers. Actually it's not, I don't call them that I still call them travelers, so to me it's the Travelers Tournament, that's much easier to say.

My parents worked at Travelers my entire life, it's the reason they moved to Hartford and even met each other, true story. It's still hard for me to call it St. Paul Travelers. Actually it's not, I don't call them that I still call them travelers, so to me it's the Travelers Tournament, that's much easier to say.

Finally, one of these local corporations got off their rear end. no local sponsorship, no tournament. i could never understand why the hartford or utc did not step up before. i like how st paul/travelers took advantage of the situation. the timing was to their advantage with the pga blind-sided by the lumber company. they seem to have everything necessary now, i.e., dates, fedex cup, purse, course, etc. people in the state will respond to local sponsorship in a big way i believe.

This is great news indeed. Do you think they the tournament will go back to the July date in 2007?

Travelers has sponsored golf for a long time... it just happened to be the Masters, not the GHO....

The tournament seemed dead the way things where looking before.

Well it looks like we got one sporting event that the Pittsburgh area didn't want to hold on to, let's hope for two...

Well it looks like we got one sporting event that the Pittsburgh area didn't want to hold on to, let's hope for two...

2 for 2 would be great! :)

From Teed Off To Teed Up

As Travelers Jumps In, Golf Tournament Seeks To Recruit Better Players

February 25, 2007

By BRUCE BERLET

From Teed Off To Teed Up

As Travelers Jumps In, Golf Tournament Seeks To Recruit Better Players

February 25, 2007

By BRUCE BERLET

With the new point system he may at some point. More golfers will have to play more tournaments in most cases to capitalize on the points. Plus, the $1 million paycheck doesn't hurt.

Good dates too. We used to get the worst dates...