Gilmore Group, Space for Lease

GR1

Anyone know what's going on at this intersection? (sorry, title should say fulton and carlton) A few weeks ago I drove by and noticed the huge empty lot had a Gilmore Group sign advertising space for lease. I took some photos, I'll try to post them later.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it the same sign that's been up since the old Wolverine Building burnt down? If so, it's been there for about 3 years. I wish they'd do something with that space though.

Yes, it is the same sign. I don't think anything new has happend with that property and as far as I know, nothing is currently planned...which is unfortunate.

We actually called on that property over a year ago. We were pretty much blown off by reps from the Gilmore Group. In the mean time the property still sits.

I don't think you're the only one to inquire about this property and then get blown off. I've heard a few others have as well. I believe the asking price is quite steep. I wish either Gilmore would do something with the property, or the property be sold to someone who will develop it (I should be careful what I ask for....watch, it'll now be sold and then a Dollar General will pop up...ugh :sick: )

I don't think you're the only one to inquire about this property and then get blown off. I've heard a few others have as well. I believe the asking price is quite steep. I wish either Gilmore would do something with the property, or the property be sold to someone who will develop it (I should be careful what I ask for....watch, it'll now be sold and then a Dollar General will pop up...ugh :sick: )

Yes, be careful what you wish for. I live right near there and would MUCH rather look at an empty lot than have a Dollar General type store in the neighborhood. I'd love to see something similar to the Center of the Universe building -Cherry/Lake/Diamond - restaurant + retail or office space though.

• 2 years later...

From MiBiz -

"Gilmore's newest endeavor doesn't involve a building, but an empty lot on Fulton Street and Carlton Avenue in Grand Rapids. The Gilmore Collection is looking for partners for the mixed-use building on the site. The company plans to open a taco shop that aims to have the best tacos in the city.

"It will be very small but have a very high quality focus," Gilmore said. All the food at the restaurant will be made fresh, including homemade tortillas."

I wonder what he has in mind? I wonder how many years it will be before something actually happens to this site?

From MiBiz -

"Gilmore's newest endeavor doesn't involve a building, but an empty lot on Fulton Street and Carlton Avenue in Grand Rapids. The Gilmore Collection is looking for partners for the mixed-use building on the site. The company plans to open a taco shop that aims to have the best tacos in the city.

"It will be very small but have a very high quality focus," Gilmore said. All the food at the restaurant will be made fresh, including homemade tortillas."

I wonder what he has in mind? I wonder how many years it will be before something actually happens to this site?

Archived