No plane. No helicopter. But I am ABOVE Nashville..56kers a nono

Lexy

Got my camera back and took a bunch of aerials from two seperate towers both before and after shipping the thing off to get fixed. This is my collection of pics that I have from both excursions into downtown towers. One set is from the Renaissance Hotel's 31st floor, and the other is from the Financial Center's (old Suntrust Tower), 30th floor YMCA Penthouse. Enjoy and btw, happy spring.

I may have snuck a few ground level shots in here two, so kiss my butt. LOL!!!

Renaissance Tower views. Some of these have been posted on here before so sue me.

56939040.renpan3levels1a.jpg

57044079.abellsouthtower.jpg

57387363.astatecap.jpg

What a scary job that has to be!

57689830.abellcrown.jpg

I got an itch, so let me scratch already!

58520478.achurch2.jpg

Smell the Grits cooking???? How about the Bar B Que???

58520639.adamnfinepan.jpg

HAHAHAHA!!

58520681.ahermitagehotel.jpg

Coward.

58520426.abreak.jpg

GOD look at the density!!!

58520695.adensity.jpg

In case you don't get it......muhahahaha!

58520812.animpact.jpg

Historic 'hoods up this way.

58520780.ametrocenter.jpg

Still a car based society.

58521084.aspringday.jpg

Financial Center's 30th floor.

58521214.athecoliseum.jpg

You feel me knockin??

58521244.aviridianlc.jpg

Then let me in.

58521358.aviridianlookingdown.jpg

How many on this deck are illegal? $20 to the first one that can correctly answer this question.

58521398.aviridiantop1.jpg

Some kinda park that celebrates some kinda birffffday.

58521462.awerthan.jpg

Western side of downtown, and townnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>11111

58521532.awestendpan1.jpg

God help our hockey team right now.

58521761.abovethegec.jpg

I'm giving you the finger.

58521671.acreepercrane.jpg

LMAO!!!

58521608.awildpic.jpg

Done.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many are illegal?

I'm going to guess none. Do I win?

And thank you for allowing me to vicariously go to the top of buildings.

DING DING DING!!! LOL!! Yeah, I thought with the recent march downtown and stuff, a little satire would be okay in this case. It was meant to be a joke for those wondering. LOL!!!!

BTW, you're welcome.

Thanks Cliff for the brilliant tour and for your time tonday. It was much appreciated.

Yeah it turned out perfect. Very little editing required!

uh lexy, do i smell photo op at city center in murfreesboro? i bet it had a great view of trees! haha. great pics once again!

uh lexy, do i smell photo op at city center in murfreesboro? i bet it had a great view of trees! haha. great pics once again!

Funny you bring that up. I did a Murfreesboro tour today. Just got to get everything ready to post.

Well it was downtown and the Greenway that got my attention today, not the housing stock (which is quite impressive I might add).

Funny you bring that up. I did a Murfreesboro tour today. Just got to get everything ready to post.

Well it was downtown and the Greenway that got my attention today, not the housing stock (which is quite impressive I might add).

yeah, i might go hit up the greenway this weekend and take some pics. me and my girlfriend love going out there. the housing right off the square is gorgeous. i think i posted some pictures of murfreesboro a while ago, i'll see if i can find it. can't wait to see your pics!

here's the link

As I look at that photo of the West End two things come to mind. First is the slew of new buildings about to go up on that side of town. Second is the amount of absolutely amazing houses that you can't see, but they are all around that ridge in the distance. You can also see that condo tower out in Bellevue.

• 3 weeks later...

I lived in Nashville for a while in the mid-1970s. GOD has it changed.

Please tell me that the building that appears to be eating the L&C tower is just going up directly across the street and isn't an addition to the L&C tower itself, the way it looks in a couple of your pics. I think the L&C tower is one of the finest examples of a mid-century modern office tower in any city, anywhere. I hope that it will be preserved, even if it's becoming invisible in the midst of a bunch of nowheresville knockoffs.

The BellSouth tower, I'm not worried about. No other building would dare go near it!

I lived in Nashville for a while in the mid-1970s. GOD has it changed.

Please tell me that the building that appears to be eating the L&C tower is just going up directly across the street and isn't an addition to the L&C tower itself, the way it looks in a couple of your pics. I think the L&C tower is one of the finest examples of a mid-century modern office tower in any city, anywhere. I hope that it will be preserved, even if it's becoming invisible in the midst of a bunch of nowheresville knockoffs.

The BellSouth tower, I'm not worried about. No other building would dare go near it!

That would be the Viridian....

20060215_0099.jpg

Which is INCHES away from L&C.

Archived