Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spartan

Two Cities: one birthday

10 posts in this topic

The cities of Greenville and Spartaburg both turn 175 this year!

175Logo.gifanniver_logo2.png

Way back in 1831, each of these cities was founded. Please post any and all celebratory occurences in this thread :) I wish that I had realized it was Greenville's birthday to. I would have made this thread a lot sooner :)

I know that Spartanburg has a wide variety of events going on. Each month has a different theme. I think that April is architecture. Later this month there will be a 175 minute tour around downtown with refreshments and a movie.

Here is a link to Spartanburg's Calendar of Events. Purple dates are those that are related to the 175th :)

Greenville has been celebrating since January. Come on downtown and join in on the enjoyable and unforgettable experience! :shades:

Happy Birthday to both cities. That Sburg logo is really cool. Do they use the Daniel Morgan image in other things?

I like the Greenville logo better, but then I'm quite partial. :D

I do too, actually. Spartanburg's is a bit cluttered. I do like that they use the Daniel Morgan statue as a "1" though. I think Spartanburg is trying to push it as "one-seven-five" rather then "one hundred seventy-five"

Fun fact: a 175th birthday or anniversy is known as a terquasquicentennial, septaquintaquinquecentennial, or sesquidodranticentennial. I think I'll stick with 175 years. ;)

Yep, 1831. My guess is that it was the same amendment/bill/act (or whatever they call it).