Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

Hartford tops in GMP per capita!

6 posts in this topic

What exactly does that mean (asks the history major)?

Gross Metropolitan Product (GMP) is a concept analogous to Gross Domestic Product, the commonly accepted measure used to calculate the total annual value of goods and services produced by a nation.

Similarly, GMP estimates the value of goods and services produced at a metro area level.

I quoted those phrases from HERE

And here's another...

Read it and rejoice guys....

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...10entry395610

This is quite the list to lead,"Little Hartford" indeed.....

If you add New Haven to Hartford's total, which we all know is geographically close and culturally linked to hartford, and the Gross Metropolitan Product is almost equal to Baltimore, which is 18th. I'm sick of people calling Hartford too small of a market (NOT trying to provoke, so don't bother flaming me) while cities such as Charlotte (twice in the NBA), Sacramento, and Portland get teams. Even orlando is just a few billion bigger than Hartford when you do not include New Haven. Add in New London county, which is one of the richest per capita in the country and other parts of CT and you realize that CT is not a minor league market.

If you add New Haven to Hartford's total, which we all know is geographically close and culturally linked to hartford, and the Gross Metropolitan Product is almost equal to Baltimore, which is 18th. I'm sick of people calling Hartford too small of a market (NOT trying to provoke, so don't bother flaming me) while cities such as Charlotte (twice in the NBA), Sacramento, and Portland get teams. Even orlando is just a few billion bigger than Hartford when you do not include New Haven. Add in New London county, which is one of the richest per capita in the country and other parts of CT and you realize that CT is not a minor league market.

I don't understand why more people can't grasp these very simple concepts.

I don't understand why more people can't grasp these very simple concepts.

Ignorance my friend.