Delta Airlines: Sky Magazine

gs3

Delta has Greenville featured in their April issue of Sky magazine. They feature a different city they serve every month and all are upbeat as it's a marketing tool and they want you to travel, still I really did like the way the Greenville article was written.

Titled "Of Mice and Main"

Here are a couple of exerpts:

"Welcome to downtown Greenville, South Carolina, where they have quite a few mice but no use for mousetraps, and multitudes of tourist, but no need for tourist traps. After all, why rely on tourist traps when Greenville, the most upbeat city in the Upstate, can lure visitors downtown with the biggest piece of cheese this side of the moon - a thriving, eclectic Main Street that bustles with activity year round?"

It goes on to talk about the Mice, downtown shopping, restaurants, arts, etc. Several great photos are included.

Also this exerpt:

"With its funky boutiques, trendy outdoor cafes and oh-so-hip art galleries - not to mention a vibrant entertainment scene and buzzing nightlife, Greenville has successfully transformed it's once depressed downtown into one of the best Main Streets in America".

I don't usually read the magazine on flights, either working or catching some shut eye. For some reason, I picked this copy up. Glad I did! :D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delta has Greenville featured in their April issue of Sky magazine. They feature a different city they serve every month and all are upbeat as it's a marketing tool and they want you to travel, still I really did like the way the Greenville article was written.
These are major advertising pieces for these publications. I think it was about a year ago they were going around town pitching the upcoming article and selling advertising for the issue. It was damn expensive -- but I have no recollection exactly what their rate card said other than it wasn't anything I would consider. That's not to discredit the impact this story has. Even to the most cynical who considers the story "bought and paid for," the fact that they saw Greenville as a place capable of supporting the issue and worthy of their sales pitch is a sign that this ain't your daddy's Greenville.

Even to the most cynical who considers the story "bought and paid for," the fact that they saw Greenville as a place capable of supporting the issue and worthy of their sales pitch is a sign that this ain't your daddy's Greenville.

Excellent point Fiddlestix!

I have a Delta flight on the 29th. I'm looking forward to a good read. :thumbsup:

Archived