Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

I thought so too. I'm glad I was able to get a pretty good shot of it through the windshield. :D

A little different when you're the driver and trying to take pictures, isn't it? I've found that the steering wheel, on a nice, smooth surface, makes for a decent tripod. But I know how hard it is to find a "nice, smooth surface" in Louisiana... especially swampy south Louisiana. :lol:

That's an awesome sign... I wonder how old it is. My co-worker would so love to have that.

From what I understand, it goes back to the 40's. The one you see in the picture is not the original sign. It has been replace a couple of times due to bad weather. Coca-Cola of Baton Rouge just celebrated 100 years in business and the history of the sign was discussed. Based upon the interview I saw, signs like the one in the pic were all over the us. As they were damaged or got to old, many were simply removed and put out to pasture. The one in Downtown BR was always replaced and now is one of just a few in the US.

Finally catching up on the pics over here. Nice jobs guys. I really like that bridge pic. I don't consider myself a particularly big bridge fan. But I have noticed I've been taking quite a few pics of them lately.

Edited by Mith242

The crowd was huge. Earth Day in BR is always a big event, but this year the crowd was bigger than in years past.

I've never heard about the Earth Day festivities over in Baton Rouge, but I'm sure it's great. I might have to check that out one year! :D

Here's a shot that I took while getting on I-10 to cross the Mississippi River, which I actually think came out pretty well for a picture that had to be taken through the windshield while moving at least 55mph. :D

IMG_2106.jpg

Looks like you're headed the wrong direction. :)

So were you in BR or Port Allen when you took this? I'm all turned around.