byrde

Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

1826 posts in this topic

As always thanks for the pics LT :shades: ! Your son did a good job; was glad to see Eden Park get a new branch library across Capitol Middle School when it was built! Really dig the football pics w/ orange glow in background...good see Southern turn it around and beat Alcorn! Can't wait for North Blvd Town Square to be completed!

Nice pic Antrell...I took the exact same pic way back :thumbsup:

LT...That's got to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen here!!! :w00t: Let's hope I was sucessful transfering it to this next page?? Sorry...looks like it did not work...

december2011133.jpg

Edited by richyb83

A few pictures from the new North Blvd Town Square

DSC0043-M.jpg

DSC0071-M.jpg

DSC0128-M.jpg

BTR050-M.jpg

Edited by byrde

BTR044-L.jpg

19th Judicial District Courthouse

I got a new camera so I figured I'd go out and take a few pics. They didn't really come out like out all that great. Maybe I used to digital zoom instead of the optic zoom or there was too much shacking but eitherway I'll just have to learn like how to take pictures like ya'll. :D

1.img0015nqt.jpg

2.img0018fk.jpg

3.Audubon Plantation

img0017ir.jpg

picwc.png

Edited by dan326

No, my budget didn't quite allow for a DSLR. :lol: I got a Canon s95.

It's really hard to get good pics from a point and shoot as it likes to overexpose the image to show everything or to compensate for the sun or some extreme light source or lack thereof in the frame. It's hard to get them straight too, my hands are way too big for one of those little things lol.

What kind of functions does it have? ISO? Shutter speed? Aperture?

Nice pics yall :shades: Bryde...How do you like the North Blvd Town Square so far??

Don't see much of a difference in my new camera (Nikon CoolPixs570); but then again my manuel was misplaced...

december2011135.jpg

I'm really like what I see on North Blvd. I understand we should be getting free wifi in that area soon. I'm going to start using that area for a few photo shoots from time time. It should be an awesome area when Live after 5 gets started.

Richy, where is that tree located? Looks similar to a shot my wife snapped in City park over the weekend.

Dec11015-L.jpg

1 person likes this

Cool Bryde! The wi-fi will be nice! BR deserves this...step in right direction IMO! Nice shot from the wife...like the black & white! The tree is located on the Old State Capitol grounds...they sure do look similar :shades:

december2011103.jpg

december2011102.jpg

It's really hard to get good pics from a point and shoot as it likes to overexpose the image to show everything or to compensate for the sun or some extreme light source or lack thereof in the frame. It's hard to get them straight too, my hands are way too big for one of those little things lol.

What kind of functions does it have? ISO? Shutter speed? Aperture?

In all good honesty, I don't even know, lol. I guess I'll have to go to the good ole' University of Google and learn how to work it. :lol:

Nice angle of the State Capitol Bryde :good:

december2011114.jpg

1 person likes this

Not sure. Sign only said they were closed for maintenance.

Not sure. Sign only said they were closed for maintenance.

The construction work at the front terrace of the Old State Capitol was to create a temporary stage for Jindal's inauguration.