Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Man I still visit that Krispy Kreme on a regular basis.

I love that place. It used to be the only one in town. It has a plain style to the building that it's in. It's in rough shape when I was there last time, but it's still kind of neat to see it. It would be pretty cool to have a lot of the buildings in that area re-done.

Seeing those pictures reminds me how far behind Baton Rouge is....all those exposed power lines and dirty streets that plague mid-sized cities.

I don't go out there enough. I didn't even know Louisiana Technical College was out there until I saw it on my way to Howell Park golf course, and I've been living in Baton Rouge or Prarieville my whole life.

Edited by brresident

North Baton Rouge isn't all that bad. The area is full of hard working families. Just doesn't have all the luxuries of life. KK is the spot for some sweet eats. Luckily it has survived the one of the other side of town in the luxury area was shuttered for no reason.

Hopefully oneday the city will realize the land value and easy access to NBR.

Only time will tell though, maybe business travelers will get tired of the long commute to the 10-12 split and demand something closer to the airport.

North Baton Rouge isn't all that bad. The area is full of hard working families. Just doesn't have all the luxuries of life. KK is the spot for some sweet eats. Luckily it has survived the one of the other side of town in the luxury area was shuttered for no reason.

The KK on the southside was shut down due to poor business. KK on a national level expanded way to fast. They opened several locations in Houston in the mid to late 90's and they have now closed all of them.

I don't know why, but I love downtown BR!

Great pic, the building looks brand new.

I know, isn't it great. It's not the most "poppin' " place as my mother would say, but when you're down there it's just so exciting. :D

Edited by dan326

Here is my version from almost a year ago :thumbsup:

They have done a good job of revitalizing many older buildings downtown!

I agree. I really like what they have done with that building. It is one of the best looking buildings downtown in my opinion.

That's a great looking building, byrde. Love what they've done at the street level. :thumbsup:

Here's one of my shots; the Marriot Hotel and some other high-rises popping up from the lush canopy in "somewhat" suburban Baton Rouge:

348203000_10b6bdd580_b.jpg

Thats why some satelitte pics of Baton Rouge can be a bit decieving; the tree canopy can be so thick at times it's hard to see some neighborhoods from overhead, making sprawl look even worse, eventhough it's bad enough. The haze is all over the place around city's these days. Atlanta and L.A. are the worse examples with haze and smog IMO.

I like the pics Nate with the other BR high-rises scattered across the city. :thumbsup: From the angle of the 1st pic the 12-story Shaw Plaza all the way out on Essen is hiding :shades: behind Marriott; eventhough they 2 miles way from each other.

The 14-story Dean Tower is mid city's Tallest building. You can see the BRCC parking garage to the near right. And can see the Physicans Tower at the Womans Hosp. way in the back.

^Nice pics of the duck race on Third Street Byrde :thumbsup: That's really cool. And great minds think alike; I had posted the old Romain Bldg. as one of my first ever posted pics almost a year ago. As a kid my dad said went to the doctor's or dentist in that building. Third Street was the place to be way back then.

Edited by richyb83