Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

I thought this to be an appropriate "Pic of the Day"....with all the talk of the I-35 Bridge collapse way-up the Mississippi River in Minneapolis.

The I-10 Bridge is nearly 10 times larger and the same age; was said to be in good condition by the inspectors.

Thanks for that picture. "Good Condition by the inspectors" I hope so, without that connector. Our city will suffer big time.

^ No prob LT!

The ideal place for a field trip! The Planetarium/ Space Theatre / La. Arts & Science Museum along the riverfront.

71107040al6.jpg

Or the ideal place for cooling-off at the Lafayette Street Park fountains.

71107043wu6.jpg

The renovated Capitol House(new Hilton CapitolCenter) in the background. The BR Waterworks property(left) iron fence

Edited by richyb83

I sure hope that bridge is in good condition. Baton Rouge and anyone going from east to west would be inifinetly screwed if that bridge collapsed.

Hey Richy, did you see any equipment on the courthouse site when you went downtown?

All I saw was light equipment, the old parking lot is now, broken pavement and soil.

That would be a memorable experience for sure. While riding you could get some great aerial pics of the city. It would be cool to get some shots close to the downtown area from 200 to 300 feet up! The view from atop of the 22-story Marroitt is one of the best of city; seeing the State Capitol, Miss River Bridge, Tiger Stadium, etc.

Edited by richyb83

Some think BR's 2nd Tallest One American Place is ugly; but it looks O.K. to me in this pic!

What's ugly are the two shorter 8-story buildings to the right; Capitol One(middle) looks awful on the other side with a big white-plain wall w/ no windows...

Capitol One needs to strenghten it's presence in downtown BR, maybe a good renovation and add a few more floors??

And the old ugly Commerce building that we hoped might become the Palms on Third. :mellow:

71107030er1.jpg

I dig the Palm trees :shades: