Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Yes, Riverside Tower is the north Chase Tower. They changed the name for some reason. People tend to refer to them as the Chase Towers.

Wonder if the were still planning on expanding the Riverside Tower?? Have not heard anything in a long time. A few floors were supposed to be added to the parking gargage on the side of the tower.

What i noticed today is the cranes are wayyyyyy taller then the height they was standing a few days ago and is it jus me...or do yall pass by downtown and see the cranes and just imagine what it would look like with 2 buildings sitting there and get excited .......

o and hyatt place really STANDS OUT!!!! comming down Bluebonnet at night Better than the old name and Sign they had at the hotel...That Ameri Suites...was jus dull on that block

No doubt yis, any addition to the skyline, especially on that end is exciting! I think I'm a crane addict :lol:

Going to my vault of older pics...in answering yesterday's question about the Riverside North Tower; with some visuals

Riverside North wedged between Chase Tower & One American Place

71107016hx4.jpg

Riverside North & Chase Tower in the background between the new state buildings

densityqz1.jpg

The Skywalk (Riverside North-left); Chase Tower(right)

snaphappy072yz8.jpg

*Riverside North is BR's 4th Tallest Bulding; Chase Tower is the 3rd Tallest

Thanks Richy for the clarification. I never knew they had different names for those towers. I just always called them "The Chase Towers" LOL..... Southeast, those are some great pictures!!!! I have to agree with someone who said they were addicted to cranes, I agree with you. I saw them for the first time yesterday evening. They are very inspirational.

No prob twstd, oh yeah that was me that said I was a crane addict :lol:

Thanks for the Schlittz & Giggles pic LT! Looks like a place that will really add to the ever growing collection of new joints going up all along Third Street! :thumbsup:

^Welcome to UP southeast BR!!! WOW! :w00t: Fantastic views from across the river! What a clear day too!! Man is BR's skyline spread out or what?? Sometime I wish it was more dense like Shreveport's. But in a way I like the spread out skyline! Just keep filling in some of those gaps! But there will always be a gap between the State Capitol bec. of the Capitol Grounds serving as a buffer. Your right, II City Plaza and new Courthouse will really bulk up that right side! I'm not giving up on Pries yet!

I wish something like the old Fidelity Bank Tower(scrapped in the late 80's) would go back on the drawing board; put it between One American Place and Chase Towers. It would also be nice to see a high-rise hotel like the Marriott along the riverfront.

BTW when you you take the pics?? I don't see the crane for the new Courthouse.

Thank's y'all it's great to be on here! Y'all share alot of the same viewpoints that I do. I love BR, and want it to grow as much as possible,for as long as possible. For too long so many outsiders, and insiders too, have put the city down and treated it as a second hand nothing compared to the N.O.. But we have so much, and so many qualilties. I would love to see BR become one of the new greatest cities of America, and I believe we are well on our way to achieving that goal! That's my opinion.

Welcome the boards southeastBR. :D I definetly understand we're you're coming from, I love Baton Rouge too! You're right for too long we've just been that city 80 miles up from New Orleans, but now it's our chance to shine. :D

And OHH!!!! how we are shining, this is our moment. We have to make the best of it and continue to encourage others who live here.

I am not going to be in Baton Rouge again until at least Easter.

I am thinking that my absence may present some shock value to the new stuff downtown when I finally do see it. Last time I was in town, lots of that stuff was either just getting started or wasn't there at all.

And BTW...I am very, very impressed with New Orleans and the councils decision to tear down some of the disfunctional housing projects in the city. To think that there is a chance that affordable, private housing can be built and for sale in New Orleans proper is very promising. I hope to see some Houston- sized residential towers and some old-school townhomes.

Edited by cajun

LOL! Great minds do think a like Richy!

I went down to check out the Nina and that is a small ship. I never really thought about the size of the ships Columbus and he crew sailed across the Atlantic on. Ain't no way I'd want to cross the ocean in a boat that small.

237311029-M.jpg

Thanks! HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too Bryde and the rest of the Forum!

Awesome shot! Interesting mix of old & new! Gotta love them cranes! You are right, a few more would be nice for 2008! Is the crane on the left at the II City Plaza site?? When finally complete, the massive new Courthouse is gonna suprise a few people!

Happy New Year to the BR Forum. Hopefully we'll see a couple more of these going up in 2008.

238205741-L.jpg

Thanks for the ship pic too; totally agreed that tiny ship across the Atlantic wwould be scary!

Edited by richyb83