Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

^ Yes he does, byrde! :)

By the way let me take a moment while the mood is still about Louisiana photographers... :) I've recently taken the leap into professional photography, turning my hobby into a full-fledged business and I finally have got my website up (www.photos-by-brian.com). I've been so busy on shoots lately that I've barely had time but I've got it going. Still have a lot to add, but this is a start. Not that it would do you guys much good if you needed a photo since the Ark-La-Tex is my region, but I figured this was the right time to share my news about which I'm very excited.

Urban Planet Louisiana has been a big part in this for me, as it all started with me posting my snapshots on the Louisiana Photo of the Day topic before I ever even moved on to the world of DSLRs, started literally dumping thousands of dollars into it, and then finally getting serious about pursuing it professionally. Two years is about how long that transition has taken... it's all just come at me so fast. :camera:

Edited by SBCmetroguy

That's great Brian! :D You always take such nice pictures. Shreveport is an awesome city. Before I rode through there, I thought to myself "Shreveport probably ain't about much" ,but when I saw it, was amazed. The downtown is so "full" and the city itself is nice . Judging by the skyline I would have thought it was bigger than us. :lol:

That's fantastic Brian, I wish you nothing but success :thumbsup: Glad I finally made this thread again. Your photos have given me new appreciation for the SBC area! I have enjoyed all the riverfront shots, Boardwalk, downtown, Norton Gallery, etc. Definely crisp, next level shots :camera:

Some loft living from behind Third Street

feb08008uf1.jpg

Maybe LT has made his way down to Miami?? Hopefully he will still stop by sometime for a visit in the Forums.

I saw the "Dukes of Hazard" on tv the other day and while the movie was not good, it showed our city! It showed several locations of the LSU campus and a shot of our downtown skyline from the Chase towers to One American. In the downtown scene they had to ditch the cops and they were right infront of the Commerce building. :D But it kind of sucked how when the chase scene started they switched to the New Orleans downtown, I could tell because I saw their tallest building at the end of one of the streets.I guess ours just wasn't big enough.

There's LT!! Good to see you back posting! Great B & W street scene with the rain!

Really like the architecture of the "Gateway" to Capitol Park! And the cranes in the far background! It sure would be nice for a few more high rises and mid-rises to be built on some of those surface parking lots along Fourth Street.

Here's my contribution; the bluff at the end of Convention Street.

feb08016vr1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

LSU RULES!!!!!!!!!

Here's one with the cranes, about 8:15 in the morning. All we need is more residential, get a Wal-Mart neighborhood market, a CVS,or Walgreens downtown, and let them come! Make downtown economically viable for residents, and then you have the formula for success.

2179578122_8a9f84e4a8_b.jpg

LSU RULES!!!!!!!!!

I vote for this to be the best skyline shot.

Someone put it on wikipedia.

Agreed. That's a fantastic shot of the skyline; I only wish it could be a little closer; to the right edge of the pic.

I love the cranes on the right-side; the south-side of the CBD will get some needed bulk with II City Plaza & new Courthouse being so close to each other.

It's ashame plans for Laurel Tower plans did not get to work out. In this pic it would have looked great in the gap between Chase Towers and One American Place.

RiverPlace and the old Advocate site will dramatically alter the riverfront :shades: