Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Dan, what else can I say. This has to be your best work yet after posting some of your best work last week :lol: ; you just keep getting better and better! Excellent detail, accuracy, placement location, etc! :shades:

I like how you'll still be able to see One American Place from behind RiverPlace; that will be one massive new Courthouse! And like how II City Plaza be partially behind Shaw Arts Center & be located between the Chase Tower and Governmental Bldg.

Can't wait to see the day this skyline rendering comes to fruition! And what the plans are for the old Advocate site & Hollywood property too.

No prob SEBR. Nice shot of the CBD. Would really like to see another high-rise tower in the middle of all those low & mid-rises. One of those surface parking lots along Fourth Street would be perfect!

Edited by richyb83

No prob SEBR. Nice shot of the CBD. Would really like to see another high-rise tower in the middle of all those low & mid-rises. One of those surface parking lots along Fourth Street would be perfect!

You could probably fit big development in that empty parking lot btw Riverplace and the HIlton. I'd like to see a mixed use kind of thing with a hotel, residential lofts over retail spaces (possibly a movie theater). Something like the building that the movie theater in Perkins Rowe is in, except with more residential space over the retail and a 300 room hotel with maybe a seperate mid to high rise office tower...but I'd rather the riverfront area to be primarily hotels and residential. It's the perfect location right there on the river.

There are a couple of areas along 4th street that could fit a high rise office building. IDK what demand is like, though. If they can swing a mixed use tower and distribute risk over a larger market, then it might work. I'd like to see one large high rise office tower around there with a mixed use perkins rowe style bldg on the block near the Hilton with lofts and a mid rise residential development and a hotel. Future office development along North Blvd and Convention street (maybe on govenment too) btw 110 and 4th street would make the skyline look really nice. Maybe some more brownstones in along main street and in other areas along the eastern side of downtown...

It's a shame that I have more and more doubt into riverplace every day. If I were developing it, I'd orient the condo tower to the west side of the block and add in a mid rise hotel along Lafayette street with a complete storefront system and retail outlets on the ground floor and residential lofts directly above.

Edited by cajun

Thanks for posting that for us Nate :thumbsup: Nice aerials! He got almost the entire downtown. The Tiger Stadium pic was impressive too.

I have been hoping to get a skyline shot from a southeast angle; basically directly below this shot. But it's hard to find a good spot unless I could climb half-way up a cell phone tower or ad billboard. To many trees around the new McKinley Middle Magnet even if I was allowed to climb on top of the roof.