Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

• 3 weeks later...

Good stuff yall :good: Really enjoy those night-time pics!! Nice to see the activity in the southern CBD! Can't wait to see what II City Plaza & new Courthouse will look like at night! Really like what they did with the Gateway Bldgs. too; think they did great job lighting those up!

A while back Bryde mentioned DSLR camera being what I need for night-time photo's. I really need to look into that more bec. I know very little about features on cameras. I have a Canon PowerShot A560.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting another excellent shot southeastBR :thumbsup: Nice to see the Courthouse going vertical; can't wait to see illuminate in the night-time skyline!

The skyline will be soon be improving at night with the lighted buildings!!! Along with the State Capitol and Gateway buildings in the northern CBD; the southern CBD will look nice with Shaw Center for the Arts; II City Plaza and new Courthouse clustered together!

^That would be a nice shot/angle at night time with the Gateway buildings!

Really like this shot too southeastBR :thumbsup: And the new 7-story Drury Inn is just visible through the trees! It's too bad plans fell thru for the 8-story Summa office building.

I realize not every tall building has to be located in the just the "downtown" areas of the city; but I often wondered what Jacobs(right) and Shaw(left) would have looked like in downtown BR. And some here on UP wondered what Shaw might look like as the City's Tallest?? Anyway...it would look cool if you could stick another tower on top of Shaw and move it downtown!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went a little ride today with my dad and we went downtown so I could tryout my new phone's 5 megapixel camera. I think it took some pretty decent pictures if I must say so myself. :P

d1bn9.jpg

d4wq5.jpg

d5js6.jpg

d6sk9.jpg

d7sy2.jpg

d8gq0.jpg

Denham Springs City Hall

denhamspringsxy3.jpg

Denham Springs "Anitque Village"

mainstreetwd8.jpg

Edited by dan326

^Nice shots Dan :thumbsup: I have often thought about taking pics in Denham Springs. Cool historic stuff!

Wanted see how things looked from the new Belle of BR parking deck; hard to get entire skyline from up there; II City Plaza is hiding behind the Governmental Bldg. Can't see all the new state bldgs. all that well; maybe the skyline is more dense than I thought :lol: The new Courthouse is going to be massive!

110608014up5.jpg

These pictures are making me start to miss home.

I've been in Seattle and Atlanta this week on business, but no time to snap pics for you guys (I have a few, but I don't want to post pictures that I am in). I don't know why but the Seattle forum is dead on UP ...Dallas and Houston isn't very active either.

BTW, Baton Rouge needs a few piers. I'd pay some serious coin to live on one if it had a view.

Edited by cajun