Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

^Whoa dude!! :o How did you do that?? Spectacular shot! Almost looks unreal; I'm diggin' that angle with Tiger Stadium!!!

Here is my contribution... looking down Fourth Street with Tiger Stadium in the background :shades: Being on a direct axis with the State Capitol, the new Courthouse is looking good on the opposite end with the new II City Plaza. The Gateway state buildings(Beinville right; Iberville) are such a nice addition to downtown's urban fabric.

dec08024qz4.jpg

^^I like that shot. One American looks pretty cool there.

Tell me if ya'll think this is better angle shot. I think it makes downtown look more dense than the other. I can't believe how wide Death Valley is! Wow!3148700327_ef164c60b7_b.jpg

Great shot there, bud.

You gonna put that on the wiki page?

Edited by cajun

Thanks ya'll! I'm going to try to get a better one at that angle. My problem is I need someone to drive so I can have more control of the shot. Driving and trying to get a good shot is tough.

I can't put the pic on wiki, Cajun. That's up to Dan, but he is more than welcome to do so. Thank you for the compliments.

Richy, it's just driving and taking as many shots as you can, and praying that one comes out right. If I wasn't scared of getting killed, I would stop on the bridge and get the shot I want, but there ain't no way thats going to happen :) .Not in B.R.!

Ya'll have a Happy New Year!

Edited by southeastBR

THtat really is a great shot southeastBR! :thumbsup: I mean to seem like an evil dictator, but I don't think it would be the best pic for the Wiki page. I say that because I think that the pic that's on the page right now has a better composition and has a nice "glow" to it, and in comparison this one looks a little gloomy and industrial. If I'm not mistaken though, you took that one too, so it's really a win-win situation. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ya'll! I'm going to try to get a better one at that angle. My problem is I need someone to drive so I can have more control of the shot. Driving and trying to get a good shot is tough.

Richy, it's just driving and taking as many shots as you can, and praying that one comes out right. If I wasn't scared of getting killed, I would stop on the bridge and get the shot I want, but there ain't no way thats going to happen :) .Not in B.R.!

Ya'll have a Happy New Year!

Sounds like me southeastBR. It's really tough taking pics on the Interstates, Miss River Bridge, etc. And not very safe. Can't wait to see an updated pic with new Courthouse from the current Wiki pic (the angle from I-10/Port Allen off ramp).

Hope you are having a good New Year so far :thumbsup:

dec08006fu1.jpg

^My bad Brian; that's the north Chase Tower in the background; I'm not sure what the closer glass building is?? But I have always like the sleek 6-story office bldg. I called DDD today and they were not sure of the name; but they gave me a phone #; so I hope to find out ASAP :thumbsup:

Here is another view; looking west down Laurel Street; pardon the poor lighting; it was really cloudy

12709008ei2.jpg

^My bad Brian; that's the north Chase Tower in the background; I'm not sure what the closer glass building is?? But I have always like the sleek 6-story office bldg. I called DDD today and they were not sure of the name; but they gave me a phone #; so I hope to find out ASAP :thumbsup:

Here is another view; looking west down Laurel Street; pardon the poor lighting; it was really cloudy

12709008ei2.jpg

Oh cool. I thought that might be Chase behind it but I wasn't sure what the foreground building was. So did you ever find out?

^ The new Coca-Cola regional HQ's is/will be massive and looks really nice; big improvement! I would like to see Celtic Media Center purchase the old Coke property and turn it into a Celtic Media Village!

^Yeah Dan, that was a nice shot from the bridge! Alot harder and more dangerous to take that pic while driving :camera: Would like to see some updated pics with the new Courthouse steel frame now topped out!

^Brian, looks like the only way I'm gonna find out the name of that building is to go in person in the next couple of weeks. The main dude has been away; the others don't even seem to know.

LaCAP Bldg. on Main Street at Seventh(completed in 07') has been a nice addition the eastern CBD. The Art-Deco building blends in with the nearby new State bldgs.

12709021hl3.jpg

Edited by richyb83

I have to admit, even your OLD one looks better than ours. :unsure: But the new one is very nice.

I have always been fond of the Coca Cola Bottling facilty on Airline, but it was no surprise they would eventually outgrow it, and with Go Zone Funds available, they wasted no time in planning and building a modern facility that I hope will be a catalyst to spur additional growth in underserved NBR.

By the way....don't know if you guys noticed but the central Portico of the old Coke facility has upright Coca Cola bottles as part of its design. I always thought that to be ingenious.

I have to admit, even your OLD one looks better than ours. :unsure: But the new one is very nice.
Edited by fla_tiger

Yeah, I just posted in the other thread about that ^^.

I'm so frustrated that we are only going to get these popcorn fart projects when there is likely going to be 10% unemployment rates within a few months. Washington needs to get it's act together. Louisiana needed several BILLION just in infrastructure projects to keep things going.

For God's sake, everyone my age that I know in Baton Rouge has either had a significant pay cut or has been layed off. It's worse in Dallas and Atlanta.

They flubbed this stimulus so badly.....As much as I think Jindal's soap-boxing is stupid, I agree that this bill couldn't get much farther from being an actual "stimulus" bill.

How creative are these floats :lol: Hopefully some common ground goals can be met and I-10 can get those extra-lanes to Highland Road!

From the OSBR gateway; the new Courthouse impacting the southern section of the skyline; unfortunately could get the State Capitol/new state bldgs. on the other (north) side :shades:

22309009.jpg