Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Thanks for the pics southeastBR; always glad to get some updated pics :thumbsup: Yeah, both those pics I had posted were probably my favorite angles of the new Courthouse! Hard to say which view is more impressive??

Being a civic building with taller floors; the new Courthouse looks at least 2 stories taller than the new II City Plaza! I like that these infil projects are adjacent to each other! It's amazing what just two 12-story buildings can dofor a once malnutritioned skyline!

And I was going to post this today! Great minds think alike :lol: Still waiting on a new updated Wiki pic from the off ramp of Port Allen! :w00t:

22309018.jpg

Edited by richyb83

^Yes indeed! It is a pleasant suprise to see the impact the new Courthouse will have on the skyline!

Lookin' forward to the pic southeastBR whenever you can :thumbsup:

From a portion of the new North Blvd Town Square....the new II City Plaza(right); I like the silvery/gray metallic color; orange construction barrels for the new Courthouse; just off to the right

22309012.jpg

^What's "The Bulk" mean?

Great pics. I'd only like to see CPII about 6 or 7 floors higher.

And great news....the wife and I might be moving back to Baton Rouge. No more admiring these pics from Texas. I'll have to consult some UP folks on school districts soon.

Great pics is right!! Thanks southeastBR, much appreciated!! :thumbsup:

I knew what you meant :lol: BR's skyline is getting some much needed bulk on that end! Glad to see you were able to get II City Plaza in that "bulk" angle; would have been perfect if the office tower had gone on top of the parking garage; we would all have liked the height alot better then... but it's still nice! I'm really diggin' the new Courthouse; it's looking pretty massive on the southern end of the CBD!

I also like the Cultural District's "contrast" in architecture(in the middle) with the Old State Capitol, Shaw Center for the Arts; and LASM Planetarium's (sphere)

Always nice to see Louisiana getting people via Texas! Come on back cajun!

Thanks Richy! The skyline looks a lot more beefed up now! :shades: Just imagine it with Riverplace, it would be a major looking downtown coming over the bridge! I myself, am really impressed with what we got so far! There was a time that I thought the CBD was never going to come up. I am and always will be proud of our city!

When driving west-bound just crossing the Lakes from I-10; the new Courthouse & II City Plaza really look nice in front of the skyline; nice placement in front of the Chase Towers, One American Place, etc. & between the Governmental Bldg.

^Yeah if RiverPlace can ever happen; BR is going to be "buzzin"! I wish the Laurel Tower plans had not fallen thru; that would have made a BIG impact on the skyline too!

The massive new Courthouse(right) coming along nicely!! The new II City Plaza(left) should have new tenants moving in anytime now; the Regions Bank sign was being put on the other side.

22309038.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah southeastBR; I'm looking forward to seeing how II City Plaza will look at night too! The old Advocate site has so much potential; it's a shame the deepening nationwide recession could be delaying this project.

Chase Towers (Riverside North-left) from the Shaw Center roof-top

22309043.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^Thanks Dan! :thumbsup: Some interesting visitors you have there!

Keeping with the wildlife theme.... this "Bad Boy" likes to feast on nearby pigeons...Though I have never seen an actual live attack... this Hawk wrecks havoc!! It's messy...looks like someone ripped open a feather-filled pillow in the yards...haven't seen it lately; but it has been a fairly common occurance!

storm005.jpg

Pics were taken late August during tropical depression Faye

storm006.jpg

Edited by richyb83

^Nice view from the Belle of BR parking deck! :shades: From up there the new II City Plaza is swallowed up by the massive new Courthouse! That green dude pic is funny! :lol:

41509015.jpg

It's hard to find an ideal "South-East" location to get the "entire" skyline...the WAFB TV Tower would be an ideal location; from the roof top of the old 4-story Garauntee Life bldg; maybe a water tower?? None of these places are going to let me take a pic from up there...the I-10/Washington Street traffic camera (or somewhere in the vicinity) would be the best! Not sure what to do?? :dontknow:

It's hard to find an ideal "South-East" location to get the "entire" skyline...the WAFB TV Tower would be an ideal location; from the roof top of the old 4-story Garauntee Life bldg; maybe a water tower?? None of these places are going to let me take a pic from up there...the I-10/Washington Street traffic camera (or somewhere in the vicinity) would be the best! Not sure what to do?? :dontknow:

One day, I'll show you how to levitate ;)

I wouldn't recommend climbing a water or guide tower to snap a pic.