Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Yes, they have already removed all the temporary wood form work. They did however add red flags to the turrets for the inauguration and have left those in place. I think they look very nice and add to the details of the building.

Oh ok. My step dad works for the state, he was telling me about it. They set it up.

• 2 weeks later...

November 9, 2006 - January 31, 2012

byrde appreciate you starting this thread & capturing all parts of the city

NCB & SBCmetroguy & fla_tiger - posted some interesting images

richyb83 the greens in your photos are the best, thanks for the consistent photo uploads

dan326 thanks for your pictures & providing the Google SketchUps

most unusual post so far

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/24300-baton-rouge-photo-of-the-day/page__view__findpost__p__653082

"I think we have covered Baton Rouge from all angles, we have done a most perfect job"

Appreciate the props LT :thumbsup: Thanks for keeping this thread rolling along...your night pics are on another level! The new II City Plaza looks nice...just wish it wasn't more horizontal than vertical...

This fountain at the soon-to-be reconfigured Repentance Park will soon be history...not sure how much I dig that...

december2011116.jpg

^Great night time shot!

It was such a beautiful day today that I just had to take a ride. Well one place led to the next(figuratively and literally) before I knew it I ended up in Clinton. It was all worth it thought because I snapped some great pics. :camera:

Here's a pic of a church in Slaughter. Slaughter really is a real nice town, that have a awesome collection of pretty old houses and rustic store fronts.

72pybk.jpg

Here's a church in Ethel.

68foeo.jpg

Here's a interestin building I saw along side the road in Ethel.

16kx8hc.jpg

It had some beautiful iron doors.

ngx2ip.jpg

Interesting building indeed, what is it used for?

Repentance Park, I'm happy that fountain is going away, it wasn't maintained. Hopefully they can do something with the set up by the brick pyramid. Keep the pyramid, remove the other stuff.

Now that I know what you're talking about there is supposed to be a riverfront redevelopment that I think will begin after the other projects downtown and maybe before or after the I-110 greenway project is completed.

• Like 1

Man that's good stuff there LT! All the way live from the II City Plaza parking garage!

The new Courthouse really illuminates the southern-end of the skyline w the Shaw Center for the Arts! Wonder why the Beinville bldg lights were not on (right-side of Capitol Gateway)?? Maybe the budget cut$...

• Like 1