Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

I like the looks of that Neuromedical Center ! It's been by itself for quite awhile now. That's really about to change. After the completion of phase I it will be 3rd tallest bldg. in Perkins Rowe. The first condo's(Vermillion) will be 8 1/2 floors; and where all the cranes are, Wells Fargo will build on top of the parking garage(behind Cinema) = 7 floors. In the future three more condo's will be built. All probably taller than the Vermillion.

Edited by richyb83

Nice pic byrde. Are any of the other white buildings in the pic connected to the older looking one in the center?

The building in the foreground is not connected. The building to the left is also apart of the Capitol House. The building at the extreme right of the pic is the old King Hotel. It was recently purchased and is due for a renovation. It will be a boutique hotel. No word on what hotel chain will place their flag on that one.

The building in the foreground is not connected. The building to the left is also apart of the Capitol House. The building at the extreme right of the pic is the old King Hotel. It was recently purchased and is due for a renovation. It will be a boutique hotel. No word on what hotel chain will place their flag on that one.

Cool, thanks for the info.

With this new Rave Theatre and a new Cinemark(less than a mile away) headed to Perkins Rowe, BR will have more movie-screens than New Orleans. And as many per-capita as just about any city. I think BR might have too many movie Cinemas.

^... they after this they definately won't need one, for a long long time!

If anything, they should have built a movie theatre in north baton rouge... they are all citiplace and south

^... they after this they definately won't need one, for a long long time!

If anything, they should have built a movie theatre in north baton rouge... they are all citiplace and south

I agree. A theatre in N. BR in the Howell Place complex would be nice. The market is too satuarated to make that happen now.

That's a nice building(built in 02'). I like the festive colored lights across the top of the bldg. at night-time, purple & gold during LSU Football season, purple & green for Mardi Gras,etc. It would have been nice to see Shaw Plaza somewhere Downtown. Since the 80's the Essen Lane corridor's has built some nice buildings. The 13-story Jacobs Plaza(to the left of the pic); 12-story Shaw Plaza; (byrde's)10-story United Plaza; and a 9-story Medical Office at OLOL Hosp.

Edited by richyb83

It would have been nice to see Shaw Plaza somewhere Downtown. Since the 80's the Essen Lane corridor's has built some nice buildings. The 13-story Jacobs Plaza(to the left of the pic); 12-story Shaw Plaza; (byrde's)10-story United Plaza; and a 9-story Medical Office at OLOL Hosp.

It would have nice if all 3 of those buildings would have been built downtown. Shaw Plaza would look very nice facing the riverfront.

I've been trying to figure out a way to get on some of the building roofs around my area. :lol:

The roof to my building is not locked. I found out one day when we had an AC Tech come out to change out a part for the Unit that takes care of my office suite. Well we went to building managment to get a key for roof access and they tell us the roof is always open. Just take the elevator to the top floor and take the stairs up one more level.

It's pretty nice inside. I went there to see Pink Floyd's THE WALL laser light show...pretty trippy stuff. I think they have things like that for other bands as well (ex led zepp) that they show every Saturday for a month. I'm not sure what other kinds of shows are playing there...though it'd be nice to find out since that whole facility along the river is pretty impressive.