Jump to content

Baton Rouge Photo of the Day


byrde

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

On 6/1/2022 at 2:14 AM, richyb83 said:

IMG_2618.thumb.jpg.d13cfec807398487fa04b876aabc375b.jpg

Can you imagine having the top floor apartments in those buildings, only to have your view blocked by an unusually tall, non-native palm tree?

Also Richyb83 - is that your car on the left with the inspection tag right in front of the driver's field of vision?     Just FYI - it's expired.  

Edited by cajun
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You got a point Cajun!   Those views would be blocked! A few years ago got the chance to look in one of the top rooms near Barnes & Nobles. That view was nice ; no Palm trees blocking the view.

LOL!  Thats's funny Cajun!  Thankfully that was not my car!

High Temps were close to the mid 90's today....looked like it was going to try to rain; but never did.

IMG_2662.thumb.jpg.314e48973bf13f8f2b6ecc03286b6ebd.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dan326 said:

Hmm.....That picture kinda makes me wonder how much of that stuff we don't see that downtown workers are breathing in each day?

That was the aftermath of an explosion.   It's absolutely not normal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, cajun said:

That was the aftermath of an explosion.   It's absolutely not normal.

I understand that but I'm saying just because we don't see smoke doesn't mean the plants aren't releasing particles into the air.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMPRESSIVE PIC!

Still remember that day as a little kid!  BOOOM!   What just happened? A Bomb? Thunder ? But it's not raining ! From over 10 Miles away!

Yes indeed Some Record Breaking Cold ...think it got down to 8 degrees the night before....

I understand what you meant Dan326

IMG_2657.thumb.jpg.85861313518ccf20ad198c45405457bc.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for dropping by All2Neat!  How are things up in Frisco?  That place is growing crazy fast! The new proposed development on the northern edge near Prosper is very impressive looking; if it can come to fruition?     Hope the old iconic Cane's location on Third Street will be in commerce once again soon!

IMG_2858.thumb.jpg.4292b6f264bb802d13d2a7be2371f270.jpg

IMG_2861.thumb.jpg.dc0a6687bf0d971160fefbacb04a8cb8.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 5:47 PM, richyb83 said:

Thanks for dropping by All2Neat!  How are things up in Frisco?  That place is growing crazy fast! The new proposed development on the northern edge near Prosper is very impressive looking; if it can come to fruition?     Hope the old iconic Cane's location on Third Street will be in commerce once again soon!

It’s very fast growth here. Jerry Jones owns a lot of the property in that area so I’d be surprised if it doesn’t happen. It’s also close to the new PGA headquarters so it’s a very key area for growth. Before we know it the burbs will be to Oklahoma. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2022 at 2:37 PM, all2neat said:

It’s very fast growth here. Jerry Jones owns a lot of the property in that area so I’d be surprised if it doesn’t happen. It’s also close to the new PGA headquarters so it’s a very key area for growth. Before we know it the burbs will be to Oklahoma. 

I was thinking about how Plano used to be the suburbs (in my memory, I'm sure there were suburbs closer to the city center before my time. Then Frisco developed and Plano became almost like the inner city. Now Frisco is so big it's seeming to have its own suburb with Prosper. And I guess even that's starting to get developed because I've heard Celina, TX mentioned on a few home builder sites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2022 at 10:32 AM, dan326 said:

I was thinking about how Plano used to be the suburbs (in my memory, I'm sure there were suburbs closer to the city center before my time. Then Frisco developed and Plano became almost like the inner city. Now Frisco is so big it's seeming to have its own suburb with Prosper. And I guess even that's starting to get developed because I've heard Celina, TX mentioned on a few home builder sites.

This small town of Gunter, TX, about 20 miles north of Frisco, recently made the news for a new development on 1200 acres, 7000 houses, and is expected to increase the population of the town by 10x. Celina is becoming very popular. They are great places to live but we do miss things about Louisiana though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.