Will the USA Give Back To Mexico 4 States?

As illegal immigrants numbers grow in America, powerful organizations like La Raza, MALDEF, LULAC, MECHA and other separatist groups that demand the four borders states be returned to Mexico-grow in critical mass.

You can see examples in Los Angeles today. A billboard last spring read,

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As illegal immigrants numbers grow in America, powerful organizations like La Raza, MALDEF, LULAC, MECHA and other separatist groups that demand the four borders states be returned to Mexico-grow in critical mass.

You can see examples in Los Angeles today. A billboard last spring read, "Los Angles, Mexico" to announce a new TV station. Bumper stickers on thousands of cars read, "F**K YOU! THIS IS MEXICO."

Will Americans put up with this much longer or do they even care?

I guess if our ancestors had cars in 1620, they'd have put stickers on them that said "F**K You! This is New England!"

We won the war, we keep the land. F YOU MEXICO.

:) Just kidding.

Well, they have been stable borders for a long time, and they are recognized by the UN, so that is the way it is.

Personally, though, I think there should be as much immigration from Mexico as possible. I like the rules on learning English, just as the case for other immigrants, and I think there should be a rule against use of welfare programs. But beyond that, I believe immigration is good for our economy, and keeps us from collapsing under inflation.

All in all, I think the McCain plan is fair. We've got to solve the issue, or extreme viewpoints will only grow stronger.

Without immigration, our culture is a dead duck.

Immigrants from below the border might be unpopular in some quarters, but without them where would we be?????

Back at the turn of last century when millions of Europeans immigrated to the States, the Irish were quite unpopular, somewhat similarly to Mexicans today. Where would our country be today without all those Iirish immigrants?

Immigrants are what give the States needed kicks in the ass. They invigorate us. They inspire us. They help us move forward. So what if many of them don't speak English yet? They will learn:) Why can't all Americans be bilingual anyway????

There is such a thing as "Legal" immigration from Mexico. What we are talking about are people who are breaking the law by crossing the border illegally. This is what is missed by many people.

The "Day of Action" protests should have been called "Day of Protest by Illegal Aliens". They only thing they have proven is that it is a big problem that needs to be fixed.

Of course the USA is not going to give back states to the ingrates in Mexico. Should we give the 13 colonial states back to England?

Americans don't care enough to stop it, and if Americans get bent out of shape about it, immigrants' rights groups claim that people coming here, legally or illegally, are just seeking a better life and that Americans opposed to it are racists. Plus both parties on Capitol Hill are clamoring to win Hispanic votes, despite public opinion polls showing strong concerns about high immigration levels.

I know and it is quite possibly the dumbest idea I've ever heard. If those states become Mexico, that kind of defeats the purpose of coming to America, no? Or did they think industry and opportunity just materialized in the desert? If those border states revert to Mexico, they'll be in the same situation as before. Giving California and Texas to Mexico won't erase the corruption and the "don't give a d@mn" attitude of the Mexican gov't. People who are American citizens wouldn't stay. If they wanted to live in Mexico, they'd be there already.

That said, I do sympathize with the plight of immigrants -- both legal and illegal. I can understand the desperation that would cause someone to break the law in order to survive, to insure the survival of their family. However, I don't believe that we should continue to encourage illegal immigration. Yet I do not believe amnesty is truly the answer. It hasn't worked before. It won't work now. The only thing that can be done is to create jobs, opportunity and real democracy in countries where those things are more difficult to find. I don't know who can facillitate that change, but it's our only way.

I'd like to point out that illegal immigrants are not all Mexican or Latino. In fact, in most major cities non-Latino immigrants still outnumber Latino immigrants although their numbers can be great as a single group. In some cities, like San Francisco Asian immigrants greatly outnumber Latinos.

Back to giving border states to Mexico: If we're reverting land to people, wouldn't the land go back to Spain? Then back to the Natives who lived there before anyone else?

One more point: In the south, the "Day ithout a Latino" concept is a bit flawed. The SE (outside of FL) only very recently saw significant growth of the Latino population. Prior to the influx, obviously someone was doing the work.

I'm not anti-immigration. I believe that if people had a reason to stay home, most of them would. No one should be placed in a position to leave their homeland and everything they know just so they can survive. I also don't believe in allowing the exploitation of people, which is one of the corporate benefits of illegal immigration.

I am all for immigration.....LEGALLY! There is a HUGE difference behind the concept. For some reason, the mexicans think that we are singling them out.....but culture doesn't matter. I could care less if an immigrant was from africa, china, europe, or mexico. As long as he comes into the country legally (and without any exotic pathogens)!

Personally, though, I think there should be as much immigration from Mexico as possible. I like the rules on learning English, just as the case for other immigrants, and I think there should be a rule against use of welfare programs. But beyond that, I believe immigration is good for our economy, and keeps us from collapsing under inflation.

All in all, I think the McCain plan is fair. We've got to solve the issue, or extreme viewpoints will only grow stronger.

i agree. the mccain-kennedy plan is fair and makes sense. bill frist and posse would have made all illegals felons. i heard one chap say that a law like that would have the dockets @ the immigration courts tied up for 20 years.

i do have a question i thought about the other morning... do you think the infux of illegal immigration has anything to do with the fact that the minimum wage has not been raised in NC since 1997? it's something to ponder... it does seem strange since the cost of living has shot up tremendously in that time. i.e. gas, medical insurance, bling, etc.

I find it odd that a nation of immigrants is now anti-immigration. Kind of like the NIMBYs that say, "I'm here now, so lock the gates and keep everyone else out".

Almost nobody is against any immigration at all and almost nobody is anti-immigration per se. What the immigration debate is about is how many people should be allowed to come, and what kinds of characteristics they should have. It's not about whether or not we should have immigration. Even "anti-immigration" people such as Tom Tancredo (R-CO) don't want to stop all immigration; they just want to either reduce immigration levels to a few hundred thousand a year, or want to shift the immigration stream to be more towards well-skilled immigrants. Even among those who favor stricter immigration policies and who are active in the cause, only a tiny fringe want to end immigration.

People might find it odd that some of my relatives (who were not from the US but who moved here) were very much in favor of limiting immigration. But those relatives had chosen to come to the US, thinking that it would be better than their homeland, but thanks to mass immigration to the US, they later realized that their homeland was and would be a nicer place (their view, not mine) than the US.

This is nothing but an election year distraction to keep the voters' attention away from the disaster that is our current Administration.
And the truth shall set you free.

I guess I should have phrased myself better. I understand the need for controls, but I can't help but be bothered by the fact my ancestors landed in Charleston in 1680 and had no permission from any of the locals to be there. In fact, I'm pretty sure they simply stole land from the native people who had lived in the area for the previous 1,000 years.

The fact is everyone of us is a descendent from an immigrant. What makes us different from the Mexicans is that most likely all of our immigrant famalies came here LEGALLY, worked hard, paid taxes, and learned the English language. To see more of my opinion just go over to Metropolis and check it out.

My opinion (I am the first one when you start the page)

The fact is everyone of us is a descendent from an immigrant.

Not necessarily; people who moved to North America, before the US or any of the 13 colonies were there, to unsettled parts were settlers, not immigrants. An immigrant is someone who moves to a country that is already there. Not sure who was living in the parts of the US my ancestors moved to in the 1600s- if there were Native Americans in the area, I'll grant that Native Americans had countries, then my ancestors were immigrants; it not, they were settlers.

Immigrant: http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/immigrant

Settler: http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/settler

Illegal aliens costs incurred by society is more than they every contribute to our society. We could very well get along without them.

People have been brainwash thinking we could not get along without them.

Check out this site and tell me why we could not get along with out them.

http://www.saveourstate.org/topics/societalcosts.html

Illegal aliens costs incurred by society is more than they every contribute to our society. We could very well get along without them.

People have been brainwash thinking we could not get along without them.

Check out this site and tell me why we could not get along with out them.

http://www.saveourstate.org/topics/societalcosts.html

I don't completely agree with that. We have not been brainwashed but have rather risen to the knowledge that they have "stolen" things from us like our schools, healthcare, and jobs. I like most immigrants and get along with them but I hate how they overcrowd our schools that were designed for much lower populations when they were built and how they don't pay taxes and get a free ride in our society. Do you know how many programs are out there that almost encourage illegal immigration? They almost require that you do no work at all and get free money from us taxpayers. Now I understand that those programs were put in place to help our LEGAL citizens with their lives but illegal have completely abused the meaning of those programs. So what do you think?

daveandbuster Do you know how many programs are out there that almost encourage illegal immigration? They almost require that you do no work at all and get free money from us taxpayers.

Welfare was created for a good reason, however far too many have abused it. That my friend is why i vote republican. Welcome to the party.

There is such a thing as "Legal" immigration from Mexico. What we are talking about are people who are breaking the law by crossing the border illegally. This is what is missed by many people.

The "Day of Action" protests should have been called "Day of Protest by Illegal Aliens". They only thing they have proven is that it is a big problem that needs to be fixed.

Of course the USA is not going to give back states to the ingrates in Mexico. Should we give the 13 colonial states back to England?

The modern economy of the US is based on the use of inexpensive labor rates for certain jobs. That means banks like BofA, Wachovia and all those banks in Charlotte and Raleigh are riding this like a race horse. Their customers can continue to grow because of cheaper, steady, consistent labor, which then allows for more jobs for the middle class. The construction industry alone has boomed because of qualified, steady immigrant labor.

One example: Make it so they can only hire Americans to clean their offices. First, they can not find the steady labor and to do so, they will have to pay more. When they pay more, whose jobs are they going to go after to cover this cost. Guess what? The middle class American job will get cut......

Times this by every slot in the economy that has immigrant labor somewhere in the supply/food/product chain.

For this board, This is what makes all these urban buildings (and suburban sprawl) affordable.

My guess is without the immigrant labor in the last 10-15 years, the economy would be no where it is and without them, our

Give them a path to become a citizen or guest worker with 5-10 year waiting periods. Continue border security. It is what should have been done in the 1980's.

Just my humble opinion

Before getting into a debate about what would happen if undocumented immigrants were not here, let's look at US Department of Labor statistics showing unemployment rates:

http://www.bls.gov/cps/home.htm

and in particular:

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.cpseea5.txt

The March 2006 unemployment rate for persons lacking a high-school diploma is 7.0%. That certainly does not suggest an overall labor shortage for the less-skilled and less-educated labor force and suggests that there is a significant excess supply of less-educated workers that could be tapped to fill low-end jobs.

The modern economy of the US is based on the use of inexpensive labor rates for certain jobs.

Modern economy? Have you forgotten about slavery? Nations and empires were built on the use of cheap labor. It is nothing new. What changes are the people who find themselves at the bottom of the hierarchal economy.

Their customers can continue to grow because of cheaper, steady, consistent labor, which then allows for more jobs for the middle class.

Immigration is not the only reason for growth of the middle class. Changes in racist policies and education, for example, have also helped. Eventually the children and grandchildren of today's immigrants will enter the middle classes in large numbers. Then someone else will be at the bottom.

Archived