Many new jobs coming to Chattanooga

This week it was announced that Chattanooga will be getting 700 new jobs through the local company Convergys as they have now brought in a DIRECTV call center. The jobs will be located at the East Gate Town Center on Brainerd Rd. The old mall turned Town Center can be seen from the interstate right at the junction of I-75 and I-24.

Miller Industries, which build wreckers, had their own major announcement this week. Miller had their ground breaking yesterday for a new $10 million dollar plant expansion at their facility right off I-75 east of Chattanooga in Ooltewah, which in itself will create another 100 jobs...

All this information comes after T-Mobile announced last August that 700 jobs for their call center would be created. This is located right off of Hwy 153 and Lee Hwy (Hwy 11)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The jobs situation in SE Tennessee is pretty good right now, and this is despite losing out on the Kia assembly plant.Another really big development is the expansion of the US Express Corporate Headquarters. They are building another office building (nearly complete) and adding several hundred new employees.

This week it was announced that Chattanooga will be getting 700 new jobs through the local company Convergys as they have now brought in a DIRECTV call center. The jobs will be located at the East Gate Town Center on Brainerd Rd. The old mall turned Town Center can be seen from the interstate right at the junction of I-75 and I-24.

Miller Industries, which build wreckers, had their own major announcement this week. Miller had their ground breaking yesterday for a new $10 million dollar plant expansion at their facility right off I-75 east of Chattanooga in Ooltewah, which in itself will create another 100 jobs...

All this information comes after T-Mobile announced last August that 700 jobs for their call center would be created. This is located right off of Hwy 153 and Lee Hwy (Hwy 11)

The T-Mobile Call Center which has opened this year on Lee Highway has already hired 150 employees for the call center, and that number is expected to climb to 750. Add that to the Convergys DIRECTV call center, and there will be more 1,400 new jobs created!

• 1 month later...

More jobs gains in Chattanooga were announced today as Ohio based Modern Industries announced they were moving some of their operations to Chattanooga to their existing plant here. They will boost production of metal wire frames for automotive seats, head rests, and other items, investing more than $10 million dollars in new equipment and increasing the local workforce by 146 jobs. Yeah!!!

Archived