New satilite imagery of GR

ericnmu

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://maps.yahoo.com/beta/ was launched last night, and includes 1-meter/pixel reselution for the entire US, which means all of GR is covered. It's nice to see all of DT and the West Side.

Awesome find ericnmu! :yahoo: I was getting tired of the "google haze" downtown and the West side in their satellite images.

Ha! This was when the S-curve was being re-built.

It took a long time for M6 to show up on the Google maps, and the satelite photos there still show it in various states of construction. The Yahoo interface is a little strange... I guess that's why it's still in beta. It's gonna take some time to play around with it. And hey!!! - I kinda like the blurry parts of the Google maps =;-)

Yeah, this is really a nice alternative to Google. The only problem is the age of the pictures. M6 doesn't appear anywhere (map either), half of the new development in the suburbs is not on there, etc. Still cool though.

And there's a building/parking at the new GRAM site.

Yeah, this is really a nice alternative to Google. The only problem is the age of the pictures. M6 doesn't appear anywhere (map either), half of the new development in the suburbs is not on there, etc.
Niether does the new M-45. It is only in the early stages of construction perhaps from 1999 or 2000. Still, this is much better than Google Maps.

It really looks like Rosa Parks Circle is under construction still. The bank building and parking lot where the art museum is being built is still there. The maps are nice, but couldn't the photos be a little more recent?

The maps are nice, but couldn't the photos be a little more recent?

Geez, y'all are a picky bunch! :P FULL COLOR images like that are quite expensive. They look better than 1 meter to me. Also, most municipalities get new photos every 5 years, so I don't think they are that out-of-date.

I say be happy with whatcha got, after all, they're free! Sheesh! :rolleyes:

The weird thing is the pictures of East Lansing are definitly taken within the last year. The new expansion to Spartan Stadium are visible and complete. It was just completed this past August or so, so they are definitly new.

Still cool though regardless of how new the pictures are. I could look at it for hours just looking at different sites around the country and world. :)

Archived