Charter Square (Site One)

avery

This actually all got me thinking about what build out will look like down on this end of town and the old RFPs for site 1-7. I have forgotten some of that from like 9 years ago....Any help filling in the blanks below is appreciated...

Site 1: Half done with Charter Square south. Charter Square north will complete site 1

Site 2: West half of Auditorium surface lot. Never got an offer. No movement

Site 3: East half. Same as 2. 

Site 4: Residence Inn proposal with recent 9 story rendering

Site 5: Currently serves as a gravel lot west of the CC. Reserved for future CC expansion..?

Site 6: Little wedge south of 5. Additional CC parking for convention admins

Site 7: Triangle piece south of South. No proposals ever received. No movement.

So if that is roughly correct, does anyone know what the City's plans are for especially sites 2 and 3? These are good sites and are important to rounding out the south end of downtown properly. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Developer looks sketchy at best. 

Came off that way to me too just based on the article. No comment from developer or current site's owner is not standard when you're trying to hype up downtown and your contribution to it....which is what every. single. other. downtown developer does. 

The developer did it with the Baptist's money in the historic district. Mystery solved. Seriously.... my gut says developer told Baptists he can put that large bank account of theirs to good use..fatten it up for them if only they'll loan it out. Probably hush hush while intervening boards or whatever are being persuaded to go along. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...