Charter Square (Site One)

avery

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, InitialD said:

To be honest I'm a bit jealous of the FNB tower Charlotte is getting. A bit taller at 31 floors and I think looks slightly better. 

Same. But it’s expected I guess. Charlotte is the big bank city.  No surprise that FNB has a larger footing there. Also no surprise that the architecture to their tower is better as that’s something else Charlotte typically excels at.

^^^ The FNB site in Charlotte is much smaller and land costs are higher so it goes more vertical.   In terms of office space FNB will  lease  more in Raleigh than in Charlotte unless something changes.   Charlotte's tower will have 160,000 sq ft office and FNB leases at least 30,000 sq ft but in Raleigh it 150.000 sq ft of office space with FNB taking 40,000 sq ft. 

Apartments in Charlotte will be 215 apartments and in Raleigh 240 apartments.  

Story on Charlotte tower

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/03/14/first-peek-at-the-newest-tower-coming-to-uptown.html

Story on Raleigh tower

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2017/05/23/fnb-bank-to-anchor-downtown-raleighs-new-22-story.html

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ The FNB site in Charlotte is much smaller and land costs are higher so it goes more vertical.   In terms of office space FNB will  lease  more in Raleigh than in Charlotte unless something changes.   Charlotte's tower will have 160,000 sq ft office and FNB leases at least 30,000 sq ft but in Raleigh it 150.000 sq ft of office space with FNB taking 40,000 sq ft. 

Apartments in Charlotte will be 215 apartments and in Raleigh 240 apartments.  

Story on Charlotte tower

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/03/14/first-peek-at-the-newest-tower-coming-to-uptown.html

Story on Raleigh tower

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2017/05/23/fnb-bank-to-anchor-downtown-raleighs-new-22-story.html

Charlotte FNB also looks to have 7 floors of parking.  Raleigh: the parking is below grade.  Pretty comparable buildings otherwise. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Green_man said:

Charlotte FNB also looks to have 7 floors of parking.  Raleigh: the parking is below grade.  Pretty comparable buildings otherwise. 

Correct Charlotte parking is below ground too small a site to do anything otherwise and the rock makes it expensive. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Jones_ said:

Its amazing how little interest there is in a 27 story building going up in downtown. Back in my day...

I wanted to get some pics on Saturday when I drove through Raleigh, but Fayetteville St was closed to vehicle traffic, and you could forget about parking anywhere nearby.  Somehow I ended up with some time to kill on Sunday though, so I made sure to drive past and grab a few pics then.  I've been absolutely slammed with work lately but I'll try to get some pics more regularly of this, One Glenwood, and the Smokey Hollow project.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jones_ said:

Its amazing how little interest there is in a 27 story building going up in downtown. Back in my day...

There probably would be a bit more interest on these boards if it were a 27 story building, but unfortunately this one's only 22 (from the Wilmington St. side, so 21 from Fayetteville; at least, that's how I understand it).

• Like 1

Oh it's down to 22? I had a faint memory of it being 27 at one point...

Thanks nicholas, you are posting some good shots and it's appreciated. You are interested in it :)

Even the fanboys on 'the other board', seem to be unimpressed with anything that isn't 50 stories. The thickening up of downtown is the best thing we could have happening (as long as the details are attended to, like retail, building orientation and such). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same deal as my One Glenwood pic...only had my phone on me.  My work schedule isn't very advantageous for getting pics from around Raleigh anymore, but I try to make the best of the opportunities that I get.  Looks like they're starting on the columns for the eighth floor.

9180E392-95DA-4291-868A-A7C7041F2F3D.jpg

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Couple of recent pics.  Tough to tell, but I believe another two stories have been constructed since my last pic.  Apologies for the blue tint in some of them, my windshield has a gradient glare strip at the top and I was holding my phone too high.

984FCD89-F5FE-4A1A-9022-B5EB64840683.thumb.jpg.d9b6cd90c08c3d2edd522cb02ec90601.jpg

470663D4-2CBD-4D0F-A8D8-B4FF53E2D355.thumb.jpg.31a193d7b5064c4c608725dd41215fe7.jpg

CA97EC69-0EE6-4683-A661-FD7B47970AE3.thumb.jpg.6cf0dce72743f333c22a195743713bfa.jpg

4FC91DC3-853B-4565-9E24-7228D68434A9.thumb.jpg.f01670124a3be713eb368b8c28c61fb6.jpg

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...