Charter Square (Site One)

avery

I have a very reliable source.But will not reveal.But you also have to read my earlier post "May grow taller". I have not seen any updated renderings yet.

Any idea on when to expect to see something more definitive released?

The Ambassador

I am a little foggy on this but I remember the Ambassador. If one were to stand on the Capital grounds and look down Fay St. toward Memorial, the Ambassador was on the left hand side in the first block. And the "State" theater was next to the Wake County Jail or near that block. (I think that is Salisbury)

East-west.jpg

East-west2.jpg

These are the only renderings I have seen for this project. However, although there are increasing in height I don't expect them to change all that much from these pictured. And in my opinion I like the architecture and design of these the most out of all the buildings recently built or proposed for downtown Raleigh :D . They are a bit more bold in design than most of what we have seen. X-cept for maybe the Paramount.

One thing to keep in mind is that those renderings are now probably a year old, and the proposal has increased in size as we have heard. During that time, as we have seen from the RCC project, there has been some volatility in the construction market, leading to higher material prices. This could be a factor in the ultimate outcome of the projects yet to be built, such as site 1 and 4, etc. The good thing for these is that there is no public subsidy, so perhaps they can make up the price increases with market rate adjustments.

East-west.jpg

East-west2.jpg

These are the only renderings I have seen for this project. However, although there are increasing in height I don't expect them to change all that much from these pictured. And in my opinion I like the architecture and design of these the most out of all the buildings recently built or proposed for downtown Raleigh :D . They are a bit more bold in design than most of what we have seen. X-cept for maybe the Paramount.

The thing I like about these buildings is the bottom. Look at all of that retail stretched out across fayetteville st., and think the new marriott will have retail opposite of this site with retail on the bottom. Go a block down and there is the new art structure. Im getting excited about the potential fayetteville st. has.

I don't know that answer yet. I would be willing wait another year if it adds another 10 floors on top of the 19 but don't think that is going to happen
That would be awesome because it would be like the seventeenth 29 story building in downtown Raleigh :)

No, seriously, though. BB&T, Wachovia, RBC, and the Reynolds tower are all in the 29-32 story range. I wonder who's going to be the first one to break the "glass ceiling" of 30-ish stories in the CBD?

That would be awesome because it would be like the seventeenth 29 story building in downtown Raleigh :)

No, seriously, though. BB&T, Wachovia, RBC, and the Reynolds tower are all in the 29-32 story range. I wonder who's going to be the first one to break the "glass ceiling" of 30-ish stories in the CBD?

I've wondered the same thing. It appears that we won't see it in this decade though. As it is, we have to wait until 2008 to see the RBC. Maybe Reynolds will get their's done around the same time. Actually, a bunch of 29-32 floor towers would look awsome. The density would look incredible.

I have a funny feeling that Reynolds will be the one to break it with at least 35 floors DT. I would like to see at least 35 floors with a nice crown that should hit @ 560ft. The barrier is already being broken with Soliel (spelling)? But the barrier needs to be broken DT. Remember, at one time 37 floors was being thrown out there and there must have been a reason. But back to the subject, I really don't think site 1 and 4 will reach that high. maybe as high as 25 floors, which is still a nice addition. Next year there should be cranes all over DT. Maybe we should start a pool as to the amount of cranes up at one time.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a huge announcement about site 1 of the old cc on wral news at 5:30. it had renderings and diagrams. the new buildings were 20 stories and 14 stories with a mix of offices, condos, retail, and an underground parking deck. Does anyone want to elaborate on this news if they can find the information online or offline?