Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krazeeboi

Beaufort County boasts fifth-largest concentration of millionaires per capita

3 posts in this topic

Beaufort County has the fifth-largest concentration of millionaires per capita in the United States, according to a report in the May issue of Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine. Areas were chosen for the percentage of their total households that contain people with a net worth of $1 million or more -- excluding the value of their primary residence -- rather than for the sheer number of millionaires.

I knew the area was a relatively wealthy one, but who knew it would rank FIFTH? Wow.

Beaufort County has the fifth-largest concentration of millionaires per capita in the United States, according to a report in the May issue of Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine. Areas were chosen for the percentage of their total households that contain people with a net worth of $1 million or more -- excluding the value of their primary residence -- rather than for the sheer number of millionaires.

I knew the area was a relatively wealthy one, but who knew it would rank FIFTH? Wow.

That's interesting, but not surprising to me. The county's population is relatively small, and there are a lot of people with very nice houses, particularly on Hilton Head, but also in Beaufort. I believe Beaufort County has long been SC's wealthiest county per capita.

Yeah, its all Hilton Head. It is an interesting fact though.