"Rapid Growth" Website

GRDadof3

A new Grand Rapids website from Michigan Land Use Institute's Andy Guy, chronicling the unprecedented growth in different areas in the city of GR, as well as a another local area resource:

http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/

(thanks Paris Texas)

This is a well written article about the historic preservation efforts sweeping the city right recently:

http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/features/reuserush.aspx

OK, is this a teaser line or what:

Stay tuned to the empty Olds Manor on the corner of Michigan and Monroe. Thirty years ago the building risked the wrecking ball. That's not so true today, according to Heather Aldridge, the neighborhood revitalization director for Dwelling Place, the nonprofit development firm based in the Heartside district.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stay tuned to the empty Olds Manor on the corner of Michigan and Monroe. Thirty years ago the building risked the wrecking ball. That's not so true today, according to Heather Aldridge, the neighborhood revitalization director for Dwelling Place, the nonprofit development firm based in the Heartside district.

I have actually been pretty involved in the development of this site. Everyone on UP should register to receive regular updates from Rapid Growth regularly. They have been running a similar site in Detroit for some time. You should check it out here Model D Media.

The developers of this site have hired some of the best writers from around the nation and locally, along with great photographers. The writers are paid to write articles about cool stuff happening in that City (Grand Rapids and Detroit). For example Rolling Stone writers will be hired to write stories about the emerging music scene in GR. In Detroit they hired a high profile outdoor sports writer who spent two weeks mountain biking in the urban environment...stairs, parks, etc... He wrote an article about it and it was syndicated nationally in magazines and a few newspapers.

As you can see the neighborhood portions of the site are quite developed in Detroit and the same will happen in GR.

They also have staff that research any article anywhere on the web or in print related to Grand Rapids and will link to it on Rapid Growth.

All in all I am really geeked about what Rapid Growth can do to help market Grand Rapids nationally.

Oh yeah one more thing. The developers of Rapid Growth lurked for quite a while on Urban Planet before deciding to launch the GR site. Paul Schutt the CEO told me that when he saw the large numbers being posted on UP it opened his eyes to the level of interest there is here in the greater GR area to development.

Hello All,

I am freelancing with rapidgrowthmedia.com as the development news editor. Essentially I am gleaning information from developers and contractors about the numbers side of local development projects. Must tell you that Urban Planet has been a great place to gather leads. If you have any info you would like to share feel free to e-mail me, deleted, Please don't use this website to solicite for commercial business without checking with the staff first

I'm really excited about this site (and not just because they profile Newberry Place). I think developing the positive and asset driven voice is really needed, especially when it comes to marketing our urban neighborhoods that often only get news coverage when there is shooting or fire. I think the editors of this site are very tuned into neighborhood development as well as big ticket projects, and I'm looking forward to the neighborhood profiles.

Hello All,

I am freelancing with rapidgrowthmedia.com as the development news editor. Essentially I am gleaning information from developers and contractors about the numbers side of local development projects. Must tell you that Urban Planet has been a great place to gather leads. If you have any info you would like to share feel free to e-mail me, deleted, Please don't use this website to solicite for commercial business without checking with the staff first

My apologies!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived