What EXACTLY Is Included In The "City Of Charleston"

L-Beware

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do y'all think that people associate their location more with what it says on their mailing address or what city/metro they are in (like what media everyone recieves- paper, tv, radio, etc.)?

I am finally done with my exams and more importantly, my projects for this semester!! Sorry I've been not as participatory with the events going on here, but now that will change...at least until Summer I starting in June. :sick:

To answer your question, I think people understand what their address is based on media or other residents. I talked with someone who lives in Forest Acres (an incorporated suburb in Cola) today, and she said that she used Columbia, SC as her city in her address. The same thing goes for another incorporated suburb up here called Arcadia Lakes. It's no wonder Cola has a much larger population based on mailing addresses. People in Chas do not do this. Many people give Daniel Island, James Island, and Johns Island as their city address, even if they are in city limits of Chas. For some reason, these people do not perceive their community as being a part of Chas, even when it completely is. It's just frustrating, to say the least.

Heres a question.

Is Colleton County, or say Walterboro counted in our entire metro population? Say for instance the crime statistics. Often the Local section of the paper will have crimes and such that happen in Walterboro. If it is not included in our metro tally, what area is Walterboro included under.

Heres a question.

Is Colleton County, or say Walterboro counted in our entire metro population? Say for instance the crime statistics. Often the Local section of the paper will have crimes and such that happen in Walterboro. If it is not included in our metro tally, what area is Walterboro included under.

Heres a question.

Heres a question.

no... Walterboro has it's own micro-SA

Archived