If you were in Tallahassee for only 1 day

nowyano

I am planning on going down to Tallahassee for 1 day this week, being as I am stuck in Enterprise, AL (arg) and have nothing to do, and have never seen Tallahassee. If you have any interesting things to do in the city, stuff that is original about it or that only residents would know please let me know, as I have had difficulty finding information about the city online. Thanks for the help

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you enjoy driving it would be worth visiting the canopy raodways. They are wonderful and cool to cruise this time of year. The capital building has an observatory at the top, business hours monday through friday if you are here. Walk the chain of parks downtown. Imax (also DT). The Ruby Tuesdays on Tennessee St has the thickist drinks.

Take a walk around the lake in southwood, and i bet you will want to move here.

One thing I haven't done in years but that I'd love to do again in Tallahassee is visit the Tallahassee Museum. I still call it the Junior Museum. They've got a recreated 1800's farm, a super assortment of Florida-native animals including bears, deer, panthers, and aligators to name a few, and even a stage where they used to (and hopefully still do) have good musical acts from time to time of the Bluegrass persuasion. It's definitely worth a trip out there.

Wakulla Spgs. Other than being a spot that most of us took a trip to when we were in grade school, not many people know of it. You can go swimming, ride the glass bottom boat, walk around the park, etc. And of course, driving down the canopy roads. My favorite canopy road is Miccosukee Rd, this will lead you straight to the town itself. While you're here, stop through my old stomping grounds, Frenchtown. You'll see the original Lincoln High School. :shades:

Archived