Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greens!

Charlotte

Today I visited a friend in Charlotte and made the quick trip downtown to get some pictures of the city.

cHARLOTTE017.jpg

cHARLOTTE020.jpg

Great pics! I've honestly never seen this building before. Do you know where you took this picture?

Thats funny, because when I'm not at UM, I live in first ward on N. Davidson. I guess I never explore my own back yard. The sad thing is that I know more about Miami and I've only been here for 4 years as oppose to 8 in Charlotte.

nmcheese    0

That looks like the old Fat City building up in the 3500 block of N. Davidson - supposed to be entirely leveled in favor of a new development soon.

atlrvr    1002

Yeah, it's the back side of the building next to Fat City....the Fat City building will remain, and will become part of a 5-story condo building with ground-floor retail.....it looks good. It's a shame they couldn't save the old facade too, but the structure was too far gone.

Something I notice in every Charlotte thread is that all the pictures point upward.....while we may not have the best streetscape here, I'd love for pictures along Tryon St in uptown.