Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NcSc74

Best coastal bridge for scenic views in the southeast

6 posts in this topic

I like the Oregon Inlet bridge in the Outer Banks. It is rather tall crossing the actual inlet and the views of the ocean,sound and Hatteras island are quite impressive. It is only 2 lanes and very narrow so it is kinda hair raising if you are not expecting to be that high above water.

I love crossing the I-95 bridge over Lake Marion in Orangeburg County, SC; simply breathtaking.

Crossing the new Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge in Charleston is quite an experience as well.

7 Mile bridge in the Keys or futhermore just about any bridge in the Keys.

Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel between Virginia Beach and Virginia's Eastern Shore

Is that the one that costs $25 or $30 each way? I was going to do that one time, but when I found out it would cost that much I decided it wasn't worth it since I didn't have a real need to cross into Virginia's eastern shore.

The Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay. This bridge was rated in the top 10 by the Travel Channel. It connects St. Petersburg to Manatee & Sarasota Counties. It has fishing piers that were part of the old bridge and provides an incredible view from the top.

may147.jpg