Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noneck_08

Greenville Maps

4 posts in this topic

I just wanted to pass the news in case nobody here has seen it. But over in the Charlotte forum they showed that Yahoo has relesed a map feature similar to Windows local and Google Local. It shows more up to date views of Charlotte, Columbia, Greenville and even Spartenburg. The other to sites cut of downtown G-ville from the satilite views and this one shows pretty much the whole city. Just thought I should share this with yall.

Awsome. Thats actually better than Google. I wish they had a YahooEarth type of program

These satellite images of Greenville are kind of old. They were taken back in May of 2005.

That is practically realtime for images of this type. The aerial photographs are very expensive. Most places only update them once every 5 years or so. I don't know the details on Yahoo's program, but I think that these images are pretty great- particularly since Greenville/Spartanburg is largely uncovered by Google's imagery.

Spartanburg's appear to be about 2 years old. The new shopping center where Best Buy & Lowes are today still has the Super K structure. I would think that Greenville's woudld be about the same age.

I am generally impressed at the detail and coverage of Yahoo's imagery. Even Clemson has decent detail for such a small area (its much better than Google's)