2006 New Orleans Mayoral Election

TSmith

Not looking good for Mitch. Statistically, it's almost impossible for him to win, even with the current numbers... due to the racial makeup of the outstanding precincts, and that Nagin went from 5% of the white vote in the primary to around 21% right now in the runoff. Fox8 already called it for Nagin. I guess you could call him the comeback kid. I'm dissapointed, but we gotta live with it and support this guy.

Yea, Nagin is most likely going to win it. Quite a comeback from last month, when nearly everyone, including both of us, seemed to give him no chance of winning it. But you know, I really don't think Nagin is a bad choice. He's not a career politician, and you know that he sincerely wants the best for New Orleans, just as we do. I think he has just as good of a chance of bring residents, businesses, and tourists, as well as many other things, back to the city as Mitch did. And if he can continue to get back to his pre-Katrina self, I think he has a great shot at leading the city back to its pre-Katrina glory, and beyond. That's just my two cents.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to throw in the results of another race that has ended, former Saints exectutive Arnie Fielkow is now on the City Council, taking the seat of Jackie Clarkson, who he beat in the race tonight. Fielkow lost his job fighting to keep the Saints in New Orleans, and you better believe many people remembered that at the polls today.

Yea, Nagin is most likely going to win it. Quite a comeback from last month, when nearly everyone, including both of us, seemed to give him no chance of winning it. But you know, I really don't think Nagin is a bad choice. He's not a career politician, and you know that he sincerely wants the best for New Orleans, just as we do. I think he has just as good of a chance of bring residents, businesses, and tourists, as well as many other things, back to the city as Mitch did. And if he can continue to get back to his pre-Katrina self, I think he has a great shot at leading the city back to its pre-Katrina glory, and beyond. That's just my two cents.

Nate, I agree with you word for word. But he has to get himself back to his pre-Katrina self and become the man that we all were so excited about 4 years ago all over again. Let's hope he can pull it off. I think he can, and I think he will... because really we must succeed. There is no room for failure. It is do or die time... literally.

Nate, I agree with you word for word. But he has to get himself back to his pre-Katrina self and become the man that we all were so excited about 4 years ago all over again. Let's hope he can pull it off. I think he can, and I think he will... because really we must succeed. There is no room for failure. It is do or die time... literally.

I agree. I think he will continue to get back to his pre-Katrina self, and return to the mayor that we knew and loved for 3.5 years or so. He said many stupid things after Katrina, but hey, what's done is done, and it's time to get moving, and get New Orleans back to the city that people across the world know and love.

I've been fond of Nagin for quite awhile. I was especially proud of him because of the way he stood up to the federal government during Katrina. Even when his favor among the media turned sour, his genuine love for New Orleans has been very admirable. At the same time I would've liked to see a new leader in the city, if anything to boost morale. OBVIOUSLY, we need someone who is progressive and will bring the city to newer glories. Let's hope Nagin will rise to the occasion, and let those who voted aid in the process. Long live New Orleans!

I've been fond of Nagin for quite awhile. I was especially proud of him because of the way he stood up to the federal government during Katrina. Even when his favor among the media turned sour, his genuine love for New Orleans has been very admirable. At the same time I would've liked to see a new leader in the city, if anything to boost morale. OBVIOUSLY, we need someone who is progressive and will bring the city to newer glories. Let's hope Nagin will rise to the occasion, and let those who voted aid in the process. Long live New Orleans!

I feel exactly the same way. I am confident that he will be a good leader for the city over the next four years, and that he will bring the city to newer glories. :thumbsup:

I caught the N.O. mayoral election and man, Nagin BARELY won, something like 52.1% of the votes to Landrieu's 47.8

Yea, it was very close. Up until the point where around 80% of the polls were reporting, Landrieu was never ahead of Nagin by more than 5%, and after around 50% of the polls were reporting, Nagin ws only behind by 1 or 2 percent. At the 81% mark, Nagin pulled ahead with 51% of the vote, and finished with 52.3% of the vote, or something like that.

Number of Votes

• Nagin- 59,460

• Landrieu- 54,131

Archived