Possible New Hockey Team in Middle TN.

smeagolsfree

This was on the news a few nights ago and I am surprised no one posted on it. According to the NBJ Global Entertainment out of Phoenix is looking at building a 40+ million dollar facility in Wilson County that would also have a minor-league hockey franchise starting in 07. The facility could be used for other events like trade shows, graduations, etc. and could hold up to 7000 people. The hockey league is the Central Hockey League and has 18 teams. I will post the entire article if I am able after the electronic addition is published.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be the best thing to happen to the Predators since the Franchise started. Tampa Bay has a successful NHL franchise, but it's appeal is limited because there are no real "grass roots" organizations supporting it's growth. In this area, we all love football because we've grown up with it and kids in our area have become very successful with it. Hockey around here would really take off if we had a home grown Tennessean on the predators, and these additional organzations will help promote that.

I wasn't trying to imply there would be an afilliated link between the two, but it would create a great buzz and interest in hockey in the region.

Like what you said, the NBDL is not affiliated with the NBA, but if we had Memphis Grizzlies or Atlanta Hawks future stars playing in an NBDL team here, it would create more interest in that sport for the future.

I wasn't trying to imply there would be an afilliated link between the two, but it would create a great buzz and interest in hockey in the region.

Like what you said, the NBDL is not affiliated with the NBA, but if we had Memphis Grizzlies or Atlanta Hawks future stars playing in an NBDL team here, it would create more interest in that sport for the future.

Good point, but I have spoken to many in the NHL about this recently and they view that league as a sort of feeder league into the QMJHL in Quebec (and that is stretching it a bit too). Many of the guys that play in the CHL have 9-5 M-F jobs and just play for the fun of it. Although, there is that possibility to see a Preds scout there, it is highly unlikely given the current ECHL (double A)/AHL (triple A) set up the NHL has with teams and their respective farm systems. Personally, it is fine with me if they want to put a team there. But my money is on the big dogs downtown. Go PREDS!

This was on the news a few nights ago and I am surprised no one posted on it. According to the NBJ Global Entertainment out of Phoenix is looking at building a 40+ million dollar facility in Wilson County that would also have a minor-league hockey franchise starting in 07. The facility could be used for other events like trade shows, graduations, etc. and could hold up to 7000 people. The hockey league is the Central Hockey League and has 18 teams. I will post the entire article if I am able after the electronic addition is published.

Last year the Chamber of Commerce in Cleveland proposed almost the same deal as a possibility that they were starting to look into. The deal included a new arena with seating between 4,000-7,000. The deal also would include a Central Hockey League team as the main tenet. As of now I don

Archived