Another tower possible in SoBro

smeagolsfree

This expands on the Khris Pascarella property he has under option behind the CMHofF. This again is according to the NBJ. He does not know which way he will go with the property when it is developed but if it goes residential then there will be a minimum of 275 units and they would have to go up due to the nature of the parcel. What ever happens then it will be done in phases. It may be a "top-shelf" office building, so that would mean class A space in SoBro. Then another option is to see what happens with the convention center and possibly build a hotel. They are taking a wait and see attitude with how other projects turn out in SoBro. They did say that with the current overlay in the area a tall tower would be possible but not anything the size of the Signature.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say it again. I don't think Purcell expected the plans for the CC to pick up this much momentum so quickly. Whether you're for or against a new CC, we need some leadership on this. I get the feeling we'll get nothing but politics out of the Mayor for the rest of his term. I hope I'm wrong.

I'll say it again. I don't think Purcell expected the plans for the CC to pick up this much momentum so quickly. Whether you're for or against a new CC, we need some leadership on this. I get the feeling we'll get nothing but politics out of the Mayor for the rest of his term. I hope I'm wrong.

Hey, what else did you expect from Bill "It's A Holiday Tree" Purcell ? :blink:

Ooooo ouch. Point taken. :D Hey fmdj, ever think about running for Mayor?

There's an idea. To quote Jack Nicholson's 'the Joker,' "Wait 'til they getta load of me !" :yahoo:

Hey, and my first act as Mayor will be to put the new Convention Center...

...in Antioch !

That'll show 'em... that'll show 'em all !

=distant maniacal laughter=

*cough*

:rofl:

There's an idea. To quote Jack Nicholson's 'the Joker,' "Wait 'til they getta load of me !" :yahoo:

Hey, and my first act as Mayor will be to put the new Convention Center...

...in Antioch !

That'll show 'em... that'll show 'em all !

=distant maniacal laughter=

*cough*

:rofl:

Whewwwwww!!! Bad as you make that sound, I think I'd choose you over Purcell! :w00t:

I am astonished every time I think about Nashville's ability to continue to grow despite its pitiful "leadership"... when I lived there it was Bill Boner. Now it's Mr. "sidewalks in the cornfields" Purcell. And then, of course, the area's congressional delegation is absolutely worthless.

I am astonished every time I think about Nashville's ability to continue to grow despite its pitiful "leadership"... when I lived there it was Bill Boner. Now it's Mr. "sidewalks in the cornfields" Purcell. And then, of course, the area's congressional delegation is absolutely worthless.

The last time we had a really influential House member from Nashville was J. Percy Priest who rose to become House Majority Whip in the '50s. Prior to that, we had a Speaker of the House, Jo Byrns. After Priest's death in office in 1957, we've had a succession of pols more seemingly interested in aspiring to become Mayor (Carlton Loser, who barely attained any seniority before Dick Fulton ran him out in '62, after Fulton, the forgettable Cliff Allen, who was too old to be starting a House career and died barely 3 years later, then Boner, then Clement (whom, again, might probably be our next Mayor), and now Cooper.

Never today do you hear the phrase "powerful Nashville Congresman..."

Of course, on the Senate side of things, it's different, since we do have a leader, but even as a Republican, I am not enamored of Nashvillian Dr. Frist's flaccid tenure as Majority Leader (and needless to say, I will NOT be supporting him for President).

Does anyone know the schedule for te NCDC review of the new CC? Is there going to be public input? I hope they start sooner that later as I hate that developers are in a holding pattern until they hear the status.

Does anyone know the schedule for te NCDC review of the new CC? Is there going to be public input? I hope they start sooner that later as I hate that developers are in a holding pattern until they hear the status.

Late May/Early June is when it should start. Who is in a holding pattern? Can't say I've heard of anyone waiting for this to get going to follow through with their plans.

I was referring the top of the thread (see below). But I am glad to here you have not seen/heard of any delays.

On another note have you heard when any ball park renderings will be produced>

Thanks

This expands on the Khris Pascarella property he has under option behind the CMHofF. This again is according to the NBJ. He does not know which way he will go with the property when it is developed but if it goes residential then there will be a minimum of 275 units and they would have to go up due to the nature of the parcel. What ever happens then it will be done in phases. It may be a "top-shelf" office building, so that would mean class A space in SoBro. Then another option is to see what happens with the convention center and possibly build a hotel. They are taking a wait and see attitude with how other projects turn out in SoBro. They did say that with the current overlay in the area a tall tower would be possible but not anything the size of the Signature.

Archived